Kim Ha Neul at Clio Cosmetic Art 2009 Opening Party

March 27, 2009

Kim Ha Neul, the face of Clio Professional, was recently at an event organised by the Korean makeup brand. Entitled ‘Cosmetic Jam’, the event saw the On Air actress with the luscious locks viewing artwork based on her visage. I wondered what the term ‘Cosmetic Jam’ could possibly mean but it soon became clear that it refers to the mêlée of colours and art genres.

According to Dramabeans:

“The exhibition…features ten artists who have mixed different genres (photography, paintings, sculpture) to create ‘fusion art’, which also reflects the cosmetic brand’s emphasis on bright, bold colors…Clio describes the purpose behind the show as using makeup in a broader sense as a tool for reinterpreting ‘cosmetic art’.”

This is hardly surprising as Clio is known for its artistic packaging and its use of vibrant hues.

This piece of news has certainly renewed my interest in the brand. I’d love to try Clio’s baked makeup. The eyeshadow quads and singles are particularly pretty…just look at that stunning packaging! Perhaps it is time to visit Gmarket to see if these are available there. ;)

Posted in: clio | kdrama | korean brands

13 Responses to Kim Ha Neul at Clio Cosmetic Art 2009 Opening Party

1. Beauty Chest
    March 27, 2009 at 4:40 am

you are so lucky you have access to these asian cosmetics! i can hardly find any of the products on ur site here in nyc except for clio..but even then the price is ridiculous. if you ever would want to do a swap for american cosmetics, pls let me know..i’d be more than glad to!

2. Anonymous
    March 27, 2009 at 6:14 am

yes these are available on Gmarket. Their baked blushes are gorgeous too!

3. Juschev
    March 27, 2009 at 8:55 am

It’s there and I’m thinking to order too but then ah duno how to choose reading all the Korean words leh. Cos other than the color code you still have another option, type of cover preferred??

4. abc123zyx
    March 27, 2009 at 10:36 am

Gosh. These look so pretty!! I’m such a sucker for nice packaging xD.

March 29, 2009 at 2:14 am

Hi Beauty Chest!

We do get some nice Asian makeup here in Singapore. :) However, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan have a better range and they’re often cheaper there too.

Where Korean makeup is concerned, Korea definitely has the right prices. Some of the makeup brands there are so, so cheap!

March 29, 2009 at 2:15 am

Hi Anon,

Thanks for the tip. The blushes look amazing.

March 29, 2009 at 2:16 am

Chev,

Want to place an order together? ;) I could ask my friend to help me with the translation, when she’s free.

March 29, 2009 at 2:18 am

Abc123zyx,

The packaging is lovely, as are the baked goodies inside! :D

9. Anonymous
    March 29, 2009 at 4:25 am

I love Clio’s packaging! But I was a bit disappointed with their single and duo colored eye shadows because it was a bit flakey. I thought maybe wetting the brush might help, but it didn’t.

But gosh darn it, I would still buy another for the pretty packaging! :)

Sunny

March 29, 2009 at 9:46 pm

Hi Sunny,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Maybe we should stick to the blushes? ;) They look gorgeous!

11. Juschev
    April 1, 2009 at 11:06 pm

Sure:)

BTW, the Lotree stuff are pretty good too:)

12. Natasha
    October 27, 2011 at 9:53 am

Hey! Just stumbled through your post and saw you talking about CLIO!

I was at Taka yesterday and saw it at Watsons!

They’re offering their eye make-up range at the moment but I tried a few and they are soooo good! I’ve always had problems finding eyeliners that draw on easily as well as dark and their stuff is pretty good!

Just giving you a heads up! You should check it out!

October 27, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Hi Natasha,

Thank you so much for the heads up! I’m looking forward to seeing this in person; the packaging is SO pretty! :)