Lunasol Party Coffret 2008

November 27, 2008

This holiday set from Lunasol was undoubtedly designed to woo the modern woman. The items in the coffret are wearable, yet offer shine and sparkle to amp up your look.

Elegant and utterly feminine, it comprises:

• A clutch
• Lighting for Eyes in EX04 Soft Silver Lighting
• Geminate Liner in EX02 Soft Silver Brown
• Contrasting Cheeks N in EX01 Soft Silver Rose
• Nail Finish in EX16 Soft Silver Lighting

The clutch

A foldable, metallic bronze clutch, this chic accessory is easy to use and has two main compartments – the main compartment itself that closes with a snap button and a zippered one at the back. This is so much more useful than the box – as stylishly simple as it was – from last year’s coffret.

Lighting for Eyes in EX04 Soft Silver Lighting

It contains:

• A shimmery clean beige
• A shimmery rose with hints of mauve
• A velvety cool-toned deep chocolate brown
• A sparkly silver

This eyeshadow quad is an excellent apply-and-go set. I like how blendable and complementary the colours are. You can achieve a neutral or smokey eye with this; it is that versatile. A characteristic of the Lighting for Eyes series, this also contains a sparkly silver to add twinkle to your eye look. Perfect for Christmas!

Geminate Liner in EX02 Soft Silver Brown

A rich chocolate brown, this applies intensely and sets very quickly. I reckon it would last on the lids as it took me a while to wipe it off. It is not very sparkly but there are soft specks of shimmer in it.

Contrasting Cheeks N in EX01 Soft Silver Rose

A soft, satiny rose, this one seems complementary with most tones of eyeshadows. This is a very pretty blush; it is a pity there is only a small pan of it. It would be a hit as a full-sized item! I especially like its velvety texture – it was a pleasure to swatch.

Nail Finish in EX16 Soft Silver Lighting

Although this is my least favourite item of the coffret, I do concede that it is a pretty, sparkly item that acts as a foil to the (seeming) subtlety of the eyeshadows. It is somewhat glittery but gives off a metallic effect at the same time.

At S$99, this holiday coffret is value for money, considering that a regular Lunasol eyeshadow quad is priced at S$77!

Posted in: blushes | eyeliners | eyeshadow palettes | holiday makeup | japanese brands | kanebo | lunasol | nails

15 Responses to Lunasol Party Coffret 2008

1. chris
    November 27, 2008 at 10:43 am

Mag,
    Where did you get your Lunasol pdt?

Christina (candeecake)

2. Dor
    November 27, 2008 at 5:09 pm

I saw these holiday set in HK for only $80+, I feel like banging my head for not getting it and I have ask the SA to reserve for me! Yet, I didn’t go and collect it before I leave for singapore.

November 28, 2008 at 12:55 am

Hi Chris! So nice to see you here. :)

In Singapore, we can find Lunasol only at the Kanebo counter (Level 1) at Takashimaya.

November 28, 2008 at 12:58 am

Hi Dor,

That’s cheap…you didn’t have enough time to return to the counter? Doesn’t matter, $99 is not a bad price either; you could still get your coffret! :)

5. Dor
    November 28, 2008 at 10:02 am

That’s it. I am going to get it this Saturday! I wish I have more time in HK. I travel to HK with my baby girl, so it is very difficult for me to shop! But I manage to bought quite a few cosmetic while I was there. Haven’t got time to update my blog to show the loot. Will do it soon.

November 28, 2008 at 11:35 am

Dor -

I look forward to reading about your haul!

Have you tried slinging your baby? That really helps for makeup shopping. ;)

7. Dor
    November 28, 2008 at 2:59 pm

I always sling her when she is small but coming to 12kg now, my back and shoulders couldn’t take her weight anymore. Now she can walk and run, she wouldn’t allow me to sling her at shopping area. This little lady love to shop like her mummy =)

8. chris
    November 29, 2008 at 10:31 am

Thanks, babe! Your blog very informative! I’m so lost touch to the beauty world. LOL! =)

9. beeyoutiful7
    December 2, 2008 at 3:43 am

Hi!
    just wanna say that i enjoy reading your blogs =)

I loveee the Lunasol holiday collection esp. the eyeshadow palettes!!

looking forward to read more =)

December 4, 2008 at 12:42 am

Never too late to start again, Chris! ;) Thank you for your positive comment. :)

December 4, 2008 at 12:53 am

Hi Beeyoutiful7,

Thank you for your sweet comments! Lunasol makes very pretty eyeshadow palettes. One of my favourites is the Neutrals quad. :)

12. monica
    December 5, 2008 at 10:19 am

This is a great set! Actually the quad is a bit too cool toned for my taste, but I don’t have many of such colors so that’s still nice. ^^

I use the clutch as my makeup pouch now, hehee.

13. Anonymous
    December 9, 2008 at 5:05 pm

This xmas set cost SGD99?? It is expensive in S’pore. Other countries sell it cheaper.

December 9, 2008 at 7:13 pm

Hi Caca,

This IS a great set. :D The clutch is beautiful!

December 9, 2008 at 7:14 pm

Hi Anon,

According to one reader, it costs less than S$10+ in HK. Nonetheless, considering that a quad costs S$77 here, S$99 isn’t too bad either. :)