When I informed her that I’d received her package, my pal told me she was glad the parcel could ‘bridge the Christmas season with the Lunar New Year’ and that the shipment was ‘slow and steady like an ox’…which amused me because it is, after all, the year of that stoic animal! She’s not only generous, she’s also a wordsmith. :)
Here are some of the beauty lovelies I received.
- Essie The Crystal File for Natural Nails
My very first crystal file. I am impressed that the file has a ‘shock-resistant’ container; how very practical.
- Fruits & Passion Eau de Toilette Roll-On in Thé Vert (Green Tea)
This has a strong smell of alcohol at first but dries down beautifully. I really like its lightness and subtlety. I also like the simple glass tube and how easy it is to use.
- Fruits & Passion Glycerin Soaps in Grapefruit Guava and Orange Cantaloup
These two are such delights to smell. Lightly fruity and citrusy, I love their translucent, boiled sweet appearance, their firmness and how perfectly they fit in the hand!
- Kiehl’s Silk Groom™ Serum
Perfect for taming frizzies and flyaways.
- Lush Buffy Body Butter
A cool exfoliating product, I really like how it comes in a compact, retro-looking tin embossed with the brand’s name. I’d reuse the tin in a flash!
- Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel
A shower gel in a refreshing pinkfruit scent, I’ve since used this up.
- Lush T’eo Deodorant
This is a deodorant bar with a lovely citrus and tea tree scent. It is a fascinating product; I’ve never seen anything like it.
- Lush Up You Gets Emotibomb
I’ve always been a little sad about Lush’s departure from Singapore shores. Although it didn’t thrive, I loved almost everything I’d bought from the brand. I’m glad my pal spoilt me with these Lush goodies.
- Make Me Smooth 8 oz. Scrub Split – Sweet and Salty in All About Grapefruit and White Sands in Freshly Squeezed Orange
I like Nancy’s idea of scrub splits – they allow people to try more than one scent/scrub type at a time. I love the scents of the scrubs I received, their beautiful combination of colours (almost psychedelic, they are!) and the sturdy plastic jar they came in.
- Beauté Cosmetics Liqui-Gel Stain for Cheeks and Lips in Fever
I’m not a fan of gel stains but this is truly gorgeous. A rosy flush with a hint of warmth, this colour is flattering on Asian skin. The packaging is beautifully simple and the liquid spreads like a dream and applies evenly.
- Cargo Eye Shadow Palette in Egypt
These shades would make many good eye looks.
- Giorgio Armani Cosmetics Armani Silk Lipstick in 78
An exquisite-looking lippy that reminds me of my beloved MAC Hyper. I haven’t tried an Armani lipstick in a while, so this is a treat.
- Guerlain Divinora Pearly Colour Cream-to-Powder Eyeshadow in 144
I’ve wanted this since a year ago and now I finally have it! An incredible eyeshadow base, 144 not only has a hint of multicoloured shimmer, it also dries beautifully, setting eye makeup well.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Eye Pencil Primatif in Basic Black
This would make a good smokey eye. I only wish it were waterproof. Layering it over any waterproof pencil should do the trick though.
- Lise Watier Black Stars Waterproof Eyeliners in Black Orchid and Black Teal
Every bit as pretty as they sound, these black waterproof pencils infused with reflective shimmer wear like iron and are stunning on the skin.
- Lise Watier Precious Eyeliners in Silver and Black
A versatile item. I love the sharp lines of the simple acrylic packaging.
- Lise Watier Pink Tribute Lip Palette
The pretty squares of rose, plum and coral look like candies for the lips. I like that this item is related to a good cause.
- Lise Watier Rouge Sublime Lipstick in Coco
A cool-toned plum that is flattering on my Asian skin, I loved it as soon as I laid my eyes on it. I am also very taken by the modern polished-pewter lippy case!
- Lise Watier Silvery Shimmering Gel
I haven’t swatched this but I’m liking the multicoloured shimmer I see inside.
- Napoleon Perdis Cake Eyeliner in Black
I’ve never tried this brand before and look forward to doing so.
- Pupa Luminys Baked All Over Illuminating Blush Powder in 01
A baked blush that delivers a lovely neutral glow, I actually owned it already. Nonetheless, this hard-to-find item will be an important back-up. ;)
- Pupa Luminys Baked Eyeshadow in 08
This green is at once an olive and a sage.
- Pupa Luminys Baked Eyeshadow in 11
A lovely ocean blue, this shimmery beauty brightens the eyes in a flash.
These delectable hand-baked items from Pupa are such treats. I love the care that goes into baked makeup, not to mention the effect they impart with their pigmented quality.
I also received Scrumptious Samples which included:
- A few Crème de la Mer items
This works on my skin and the samples always go a long way.
- A set of Harajuku Lovers Fragrance eau de toilette sample vials in Love, Lil’ Angel, G, Music and Baby
- Generous Kiehl’s skincare/haircare samples
So many wonderful things to try from this skincare stalwart!
- Jo Malone cologne sample vials in French Lime Blossom and Lime Basil & Mandarin
I’ve fallen in LOVE with these refined scents. I’m so glad I have these vials to use before I buy a proper bottle at the Jo Malone store at Ngee Ann City.
For those of you who are wondering, this gift exchange is open only to regular viners (posters) on the Emakemeup board. Participants have a wishlist amount limit but many extras are often added to an MEMMU package. As this exchange always take place at the end of the year, seasoned participants tend to be prepared – we save money and extras way before MEMMU even begins! ;)
Posted in: makeup merry