Last Purchase of 2010 – Bourjois Little Round Pot Eyeshadow in 07 Noir Emeraude

January 3, 2011

Fare thee well, 2010 – you were filled with furore and fun! Here’s my last purchase of the year: Bourjois Little Round Pot Eyeshadow in 07 Noir Emeraude (S$19).

These shadows are best used wet. Hard to believe Bourjois has been at this baked shadow thing since 1863!

A gorgeous blackened green shot through with minuscule rainbow shimmer, Noir Emeraude is one of the more eye-catching shadows from the new range of Little Round Pot shadows that have been reformulated for easier layering and improved luminosity.

I prefer using this over a tacky base like Lunasol Eyelid Base N to using it wet.

On its own, it’s somewhat dismal and will be difficult to work with. However, it truly pops over the Lunasol base!

Posted in: bourjois | eyeshadows | swatches

14 Responses to Last Purchase of 2010 – Bourjois Little Round Pot Eyeshadow in 07 Noir Emeraude

1. January 3, 2011 at 3:27 pm

That’s such a pretty colour! I used to have a whole bunch of Bourjois eyeshadows but I didn’t like how they went hard and unpigmented after a while. The blushes are the same but at least for blush, its nice to have it sheer sometimes :) Happy New Year Mag! :D

January 3, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Hi PB,

Happy New Year to you, too! :) The shadows from the older range are disappointing, although I’d admit they work for people who like something simple and light. The blushes are very pretty, I agree. :)

2. TheUndercoverGypsy
    January 3, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Ooh, that’s pretty – I went on a bit of a Bourjois rampage myself last week – tee hee….and I can’t thank you enough for recommending the Lunasol Eyelid Base a while back. It truly is a marvelous product that hasn’t dried up my papery eyelid skin even further!
    Wishing you a very happy 2011, Mag :)

January 4, 2011 at 1:29 am

Happy New Year to you, TUG!

I’m so glad the Lunasol base works for you. It’s not the best thing for oily lids but works like a dream for dry lids. ;) I personally I like how colours easily pop over it. :)

3. January 4, 2011 at 2:15 am

Wow, what a beautiful iridescent shade!

January 4, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Hi MatryoshkaDoll,

I love the reflective quality too. :)

4. January 4, 2011 at 10:41 am

What a difference that base makes. It’s such a Mag shade with the base.

January 4, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Hey Marcia,

Isn’t it? I love how intense it looks over the right base. :)

5. TheUndercoverGypsy
    January 4, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Okay, I simply had to make this follow up comment – the more I look at the swatch of this e/s, the more it looks a lot like the much awaited Chanel Black Pearl nail varnish…and yes, I have been peering at my computer screen a lot :D

January 4, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Hi TUG,

No, no, not another lemming?! ;)

6. Kas
    January 6, 2011 at 6:33 pm

ok, that’s reallly super pretty – I didn’t realise they’ve reformulated the shadows! I don’t have any of their potted ones but I love BLACK PARTY (LE; black with silver glitter) from the Ombre Extend (Is that right? Its the rectangular cases) series. Am going to check the range out! :)

January 8, 2011 at 11:59 am

Hey Kas,

They just did it. The long ones aren’t too bad, I agree.

7. Emily Jean
    January 21, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Im so jelous iv all the products im seeing on your wedsite.
    Here in australian, us ladies search forever for a simple primer or just a foundation thats the right shade.
    UR so lucky!!
    xxEJ

January 26, 2011 at 11:40 am

Hi Emily Jean,

Thankfully, there are many online beauty retailers! :)