Beauty Bounty from the UK and US!

March 17, 2011

When Iris was away in the UK and the US recently, she helped me to purchase a number of makeup lovelies. Several of these beauties are actually gifts from her and I was very touched when she surprised me with them – not only was she extremely generous, she’d also picked some very apt items for me!

She bought:

• Accessorize Icon Eye Shadow in Purple Promise – a pretty smokey purple
  • Accessorize Merged Eye Shadow in Pink Planet – a beautiful baked shadow with pink and lavender swirls
  • Accessorize Nail Polish in Mermaid – a stunning sparkly golden turquoise
  • Barry M Nail Paint in Dusky Mauve – a smokey greyed purple that is apparently a dupe of Chanel Paradoxal
  • Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Across the Universe – an amazing inky-blue infused with hexagonal reflective teal glitter
  • Illasmasqua Powder Blusher in Thrust – a cool-toned plum-pink matte blush
  • Physicians Formula Glow & Mood Boosting Blush – a gorgeous blush with raised hearts in varying shades of pink
  • Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Blue Eye Candy – a palette of interesting blues
  • Sleek The Primer Palette – a colourful eyeshadow base palette to pop rainbow hues
  • Stila Make Me Blush Palette – another blush palette of hearts but with a golden touch
  • Tokidoki Gelato Lip Balm Stain in Skeletrina – a cute grape-coloured lipstain

Everything is exquisite and this beauty bounty is truly a treat. Thank you, dear Iris! ♥

Posted in: accessorize | barry m | blushes | colours | deborah lippmann | eyeshadow primers | eyeshadows | illamasqua | lip balm | makeup merry | nails | physicians formula | sleek makeup | stila | tokidoki

12 Responses to Beauty Bounty from the UK and US!

1. Cheryn
    March 18, 2011 at 12:39 am

omg omg your lippman nail polish!!!! So hard to find that colour!!!

March 19, 2011 at 12:21 am

Hi Cheryn,

It’s sold out on the Deborah Lippmann webby too! :) I’m very blessed to have a friend like Iris. :)

2. March 18, 2011 at 12:44 am

You’re more than welcome *hugs* Skeletrina looks grape in the tube but it actually applies almost fuschia pink! And it really lasts the whole day as a stain. Do try out the beauty loot soon!

March 19, 2011 at 12:23 am

Thank you, thank you, Iris!

I tried the Illamasqua today (forgot to tell you) – SO pigmented! Had to tone it down with the Shiseido white highlighter from Spring 2010. It works well like that.

Now I’m very curious about Skeletrina; will use it as soon as I can. ;)

3. March 18, 2011 at 9:53 am

I know you love the hearts like I do. What a beautiful collection of items. I’ll be looking forward to your reviews – especially of the Sleek Primer palette.

March 19, 2011 at 12:24 am

Hi Marcia,

Now I only need one of the MAC heart blushes from Quite Cute to round off the heart blush collection! ;) I love everything she gave me – they’re gorgeous, plus many of them are HTF items.

4. March 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm

WOWEEEE!! Lots of lovely stuff to play with :)

March 19, 2011 at 12:24 am

Hi Ling,

I know! Am looking forward to trying everything out. :)

5. milktea
    March 18, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Hi Mag. Can I use this gorgeous pix for my wallpaper or background? ;-)

I get a kick out of seeing everything still in their original packaging! :-) Nice work with the photography! Cheers!

March 19, 2011 at 12:25 am

Hi Milktea,

Thank you! Everything is wonderful and looks so pretty! :)

6. Laurz
    March 20, 2011 at 6:29 am

wow Mag..lucky girl! I love across the Universe, and the barry M polish looks amazing..I really want to find that brand. Enjoy your goodies!!

March 20, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Thanks Laurz,

I realise how fortunate I am to be able to try these wonderful makeup goodies! :)