Holika Holika in Singapore

May 19, 2011

New to the beauty scene here is Holika Holika, a Korean brand that has mystery and magical fantasy as its themes. Located at B1-64 of Wisma Atria, the store offers a plethora of products that includes cosmetics, as well as body/hair/skin care.

Fronted by popular K-Pop band, CN Blue (it’s rumoured that they may be coming to Singapore), the name of the brand is derived from the term ‘beauty-holic’. :D

Below are photos of the product displays and some notable Holika Holika makeup items:

Mascaras, gel liners and pigments – The mascaras have packaging similar to that of Majolica Majorca (Iris recently reviewed the Holika Holika Enamel Magic Melomovie Special Set).

The gel liners come in somewhat striking colours – they would make nice liners and shadow bases. I didn’t get a good look at the piggies, though.

Also pictured above are Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Eyebrow Kits. Korean beauty brands do brow compacts particularly well and these look like good brow shades for Asians.

Eye crayons and eye pencils – Iris pointed out that the packaging of Holika Holika Cream Shadow and Petit Liner is exactly the same as that of an Aube product from a few years back. It’s a little jarring seeing recycled packaging, so to speak; it’d be great if they could come up with something that is uniquely theirs.

Also pictured above are more colourful gel liners. If you have a penchant for these, Holika Holika is a good place to explore them.

Here are the Holika Holika Face 2 Change Star Pot Smoky Dual Liners which allow users to change up a look with a glitter powder on end of the wand and a liner on the other.

Eyeshadow singles – There is a decent range of wearable colours but nothing really caught my eye, except a fuchsia hue.

A closer look at some of the powder shadow singles. They all have an imprint of Holika Holika’s witch logo. ;)

These shimmery cream shadows have a delightful glide to them and the manager of the store compared them to MAC’s Metal-X shadows. I haven’t tried the one that I have (the greyed one) but I’m hoping it’ll have some staying power.

Baked duos, jelly shadows, rim brighteners and eye chalks – This was an interesting section to explore, thanks to the different textures of the eyeshadows here.

A closer look at the Holika Holika Fairy Bakery Muffin Shadows. Some of these swirled lovelies look quite alluring!

The Holika Holika Holika Holika Magic Palette Pastel Shadows have a whimsical print on their metal boxes (very Bewitched, no?), while the shadow sticks inside bring back fond memories of the stunning eyeshadow chalks Pupa used to make.

Here is a closer look at one of the brand’s popular eyeshadow palettes, Holika Holika Face 2 Change Eye Palette in 01. When I visited the store, 02 wasn’t in yet. Kathi of Lotus Palace has reviewed both palettes.

They actually remind me of the palettes MAC used to produce for their holiday collections. Closer to their origins, Banila Co., another Korean beauty brand, also has shadow compacts in a similar form (rectangular case/pans).

A good range of lip products including balms, glosses and lipsticks.

Here’s the lip version of the Magic Palette box.

According to the store manager, these lip balms are popular here in Singapore.

I like the colourful tubes of these Holika Holika Tinted Wand Lip Balms…and was amused by the misprint on the display! :D

Blushes and highlighters – A nice selection of colours and textures.

A closer look at Holika Holika Make A Wish Cheek & Lip cheek/lip stains.  The colours look pleasing and they don’t cost much, either.

More baked goodies. These are so common in Korean brands that it’d be an anomaly not to see them in a Korean makeup range!

The striking Holika Holika Hello Holika Multi-Blushers. I like how the erect haunch and tail of the kitty add an element of playfulness to the product print.

Face compacts in different finishes – As with several Korean brands, many of these compacts have designs on them.

I couldn’t resist snapping a photo of Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly Starter, a makeup base. What’s with the food-related packaging, I wonder? (Am thinking of some of Tony Moly’s product packaging as I type this!)

Affordable nail colours – A staple in a Korean beauty store, these colourful nail polishes run the gamut from crème to shimmer to metallic, in terms of finish.

These holographic ones, Holika Holika Magic Pop Nail Dazzling, caught my eye.

No Korean brand is complete without its very own BB cream! To that end, Holika Holika has a dedicated BB Zone with a variety of BB creams.

According to the brand, Holika Holika Roller BB Cream is their best-seller, thanks to its novelty of application, ease of use and velvety finish.

The store carries a wide range of cleansing and skincare products, as well as a concise collection of hair/men and body care items.

More food-related packaging – Holika Holika Egg Soaps in egg cartons. They are apparently very popular in Korea for their cleansing prowess. Again, I’m reminded of Tony Moly; more specifically, the Tony Moly Egg Pore range.

A wall of accessories – another ubiquitous sight at Korean beauty stores.

Holika Holika seems to embody a mish-mash of characteristics that belong to other brands, though its parent company is Enprani, a Korean cosmetics giant under Samsung. Perhaps this eclectic nature is part of its charm? ;)

Compared to its counterparts in South Korea, the inaugural store in Singapore is somewhat nondescript and sadly lacks the sparkle of the former. There are plans to expand, so I’m hoping to see something more elaborate and creative, where store design is concerned! :)

To be updated on the latest product promotions, visit the Holika Holika Singapore Facebook page.

Image source: Holika Holika Singapore

Posted in: holika holika | korean brands | makeup merry

31 Responses to Holika Holika in Singapore

1. May 19, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Do you know much the Egg Soaps cost? :)

May 21, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Hi Eyah,

The egg soap is S$20 for a box of two. :)

2. May 20, 2011 at 5:12 am

Spotting so many products that I own x) Wouldn’t even know what to buy, but just being inside a HH store ONCE in my life would be a dream come true, I’m probably the biggest fan alive.

May 21, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Oh Anna,

You must be so happy with your goodies! Several of their products are quite good. :) I’d say the diverse range is one of the strong points of the brand; they seem to carry a lot of products.

3. Sam
    May 20, 2011 at 8:48 am

Thanks for the great pictures! This wasn’t open when I was in Singapore (although I did check…every day).

May 21, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Hi Sam,

You’re welcome! It took me a while to upload this post – there’re 44 photos in all! :P Do visit the store when you come by again. :)

4. Kas
    May 20, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Now, ALL we need is for you to add links so I can just shop online directly! Mag! An amazingly detailed post – like as if I’m walking through the store with a store guide! It must have taken you so much time! And I’m going to get the gel liner when i’m next out – the bright aqua one? So pretty!

May 21, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Hi Kas,

Haha, thanks! :) 44 photos – faints! The gel liner looked very vibrant on you. ;)

5. milktea
    May 20, 2011 at 10:30 pm

What a nice shop! So much stuff! So many goodies!! :-)

Do some products (e.g. the cat multi-blusher) remind of you of Shu Uemura’s Planet Cat palette? ;-)

May 21, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Hi Milktea,

Yes, the range is quite wide! I don’t remember the Shu palette you mentioned but I’m thinking of the Tsumori Chisato collection now, haha! Some of Holika Holika products are reminiscent of those from other brands, to be honest.

6. May 23, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Hey Mag, you may want to pop by Holika Holika before the 26th of May, as they are having a “BUY 1 get 1 FREE” offer! Hope you don’t mind, but i linked to your entry in my post about the sale :)

May 23, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

7. May 24, 2011 at 1:29 am

:O :O :O I wanna go to Singapore now!!!

May 24, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Hi Dragonfly,

Come by for a holiday! We have some good brands available to us here. :)

8. May 26, 2011 at 2:29 am

Don’t give me ideas xD xD

9. November 4, 2011 at 7:54 am

du store min! dette er noe av det vakreste jeg har sett! Er det dette folk kaller himmelen når de dør, i så fall vil jeg komme dit med en gang. Jeg kommer fra Norge og har jo lyst til å reise til singapore, men er redd det er litt dyrt ennå. Men hva med å starte en slik butikk i Norge? ville selge som bare det! jeg ville vært en stor kjøper i så fall, noen mulighet for å kjøpe via nettet? eller om det kommer noen web shopp? lykke til håper dere blir værdens herredømme!

November 29, 2011 at 2:40 am

Hi Marianne,

Hello! I’m not sure if they sell online, unfortunately but you can try Gmarket. Good luck! :)

Jeg Google Translated min engelske teksten, jeg håper du kan forstå dette: Hei! Jeg er ikke sikker på om de selger online, dessverre, men du kan prøve Gmarket. Good luck! :)

10. November 6, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Their products seemed expensive when I saw the store in Seoul. But I must admit, the store really looked enticing. :)

jen

December 28, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Hi Jenny,

They’re still cheaper in Seoul than in SG. It has since pulled out from my country, unfortunately.

11. December 4, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Did u close the shop in wisma

December 15, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Hi Sherilyn,

I think so as the signage is gone.

12. jaz
    December 5, 2011 at 5:57 pm

The Holika Holika shop recently opened in Yangon.. it does have so many goodies! i think it’s a litttle bit expensive for the people in Myanmar..

December 15, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Hi Jaz,

There are many interesting products in the store, I agree. Unfortunately, it’s closed down here, it seems.

13. May 10, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I was literally drooling the whole time reading this and looking at the photos. Also “BB ZONE” cracked me up so hard! I want to link to this post on my blog now cause I love it so much. I wish we had this store in the USA …I’d spend all day in there trying on all the testers. xD

May 10, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Hi Kate,

Haha, BB Zone does sound funny! The Japanese and Koreans have a knack for making even the simplest makeup product cute and attractive with their odd names. Some border on bizarre, though!

Unfortunately, this store has since closed down. It really didn’t last for more than a few months, sadly. Another Korean brand, Nature Republic, also closed all its stores last year. It’s an excellent brand, so it’s a real pity. Hope it comes back here soon.

14. JS
    May 15, 2012 at 12:27 am

Do u know the price of BB cream and Blush ?

May 15, 2012 at 1:20 am

Hi JS,

No, I don’t, sorry.

15. Mika
    November 27, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Hi,
    Do u know the price of Pig-Nose Clear Blackhead 3 Step Kit?
    Thank you.

December 30, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Hi Mika,

I don’t, sorry. Holika Holika is now at Isetan Orchard (Wisma Atria) – you could check there.

16. Maribel
    February 24, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Hi,

i want to buy the Holika Holika Egg Soap how much the 4pcs. and 2pcs.

How much if i buy more thank 50pcs.

Please message me : mugz07@yahoo.com

March 19, 2014 at 2:57 am

Hi Maribel,

I don’t sell products here. :)