L’Oréal L’Or Collection Color Riche Lipsticks

November 29, 2011

Part of the new L’Oréal L’Or L’Or L’Or collection are five Color Riche lipsticks. I haven’t used a L’Oréal lipstick in a long time, so I was pleasantly surprised when this press kit landed on my doorstep.

I remember owning a couple of Color Riche lipsticks and liking them. Like the latter, these new ones have a nice intensity and apply evenly. They go on effortlessly and their name is no misnomer – the smooth texture and richness of colour is comparable to those of high-end brands.

That said, the angular lipstick tubes are a little dinky in that they feel a touch loose and light – there’s none of the heft or sturdiness of high-end lipsticks.

Here are:

L’Oréal Color Riche Intense in 383 Pink Carat

L’Oréal Color Riche Intense in 385 Brick Lamé

L’Oréal Color Riche Intense in 387 Ruby Explosion

L’Oréal Color Riche Intense in 389 Bronze Goddess

L’Oréal Color Riche Natural in 390 Nude Treasure

All five contain golden shimmer. In some of them, the shimmer looks almost rainbow-like in the light. I particularly like Ruby Explosion and Bronze Goddess for their depth of tone.

Unlike many L’Oréal products that are now made in China, these lipsticks are manufactured in France, which makes their S$19.90 price tag seem rather reasonable.

Like the Colour Riche lippies of old, they have an artificial scent I’m not fond of (they carry a synthetic scent reminiscent of Magnolia’s raspberry ripple ice cream, only with a more perfumey edge) but if this doesn’t bother you, these intense lipsticks are something to try.

Image source: L’Oréal Singapore

Posted in: l'oreal | lipstick | swatches

19 Responses to L’Oréal L’Or Collection Color Riche Lipsticks

1. Elle
    November 29, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Hello, I’m in university, and just started waering light makeup. I love your reviews, and I like how you swatched those colours on your hand. I’m looking for a nude pink lipstick, something natural for everyday wear, and I have really red pigmented lips. Do you know of any nude pink lipstick for everyday wear and can mask my naturally red lips? Thanks alot, and sorry for the rambling.

November 30, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Hi Ellen,

Thank you!

Concealer will help but it might be a touch drying; do play with balm and concealer proportions. MAC has a lip concealer but I’m not sure if it’s still available. Heavy Rotation (a Japanese brand available at Watsons) also carries one. Once you’ve done this, you will find it easier to have the true colour of a lipstick show up. I personally like greyed nudes like Shiseido Shimmering Rouge in BE702. For a clearer nude, try MAC Twig (a highly popular shade in Singapore) – a browned pink that can be worn lightly or layered. Good luck!

• Hana Nga
      July 19, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Hey, Thank you for your review. I am searching for ruby explosion 387. I live in Vietnam, Asia. Do you know? So can you suggest me some France website which I can buy that authenic Lipstick. Hope to hear you soon.

2. milktea
    November 29, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Haven’t been to the pharmacies for a while. Must go check em out! :-) You sure they’re made in France? That’s a pleasant surprise.

November 30, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hi Milktea,

It says so on the label~ ;) I’m surprised too! :)

3. Kas
    November 29, 2011 at 5:42 pm

@milktea – *Grin* I had the same “sure made in France or not?” reaction when I first saw these! :P

@Mag – I bought Ruby Explosion and Brick Lamé and I love the shades; Bronze Goddess looks like a very ‘you’ colour! Have you tried it? And you’re right – the scent bothers me a little too

November 30, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Kas,

It is a very me colour! I had it on and like how it doesn’t pull too warm despite the gold accents. Ruby Explosion is very lovely on my skin tone too!

• Hana Nga
      July 19, 2012 at 5:32 pm

hey, when did you buy Ruby explosion? can you show me some address, the website is best. In vietnam, they dont sell this one. I really want to own one. huhu

July 20, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Hi Hana,

This is sold in Singapore. I’m not sure where you could order it online. Perhaps you could try the this website: http://www.feelunique.com/.

4. November 30, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I love the L’Oreal range of lipsticks. They’re always so pigmented and creamy! Thanks for this swatch!

xoxo,
    Roxanne

December 1, 2011 at 12:12 am

Hi Roxanne,

You’re welcome. L’Oréal lipsticks are nice but I could do without the scent. ;)

5. December 2, 2011 at 4:34 pm

with my straight teeth now, these lip colours makes me even stand out more!

December 7, 2011 at 1:27 am

Hi Clara,

These are very lovely lipsticks indeed! :D

6. Meow
    December 8, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I think I’ll like the ruby explosion too.

December 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Hey Meow,

You will! The L’Or collection just made its way to the US, I think; do look out for them!

7. January 18, 2012 at 12:47 pm

LOve this review, have tried to find these in USA but cannot find….not even online! Every place online is in “pounds” not dollars….and doesn’t ship to US. Do you have any idea where online I could purchase these??? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and the “glitter/shimmer” effect….I do so want to purchase these! Thanks!

January 20, 2012 at 12:42 am

Hi Donna,

Thank you. I believe they are slowly making their way to the USA. I remember reading about them on US blogs. Perhaps you could do a quick Google? Good luck!

PS: You might be able to find them on eBay too.

8. Sharan
    November 27, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Dear Author

I am living in India and I dont see these colors here in any store. Can you tel me where are you?

Thanks ‘n Regards
    Sharan

December 30, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Hi Shartan,

I’m based in Singapore. :)