Travalo Refillable Travel Perfume Spray

December 23, 2011

Here’s a handy accessory for all you fragrance lovers – a refillable travel perfume atomiser to carry your favourite scent with you, without bringing out your precious flaçons.

At 8.6 cm and 20 g, this is an extremely light vaporisateur – it is apparently made of the same aluminium material as high-tech aircraft. It also has a level indicator window to show you the amount of perfume you have filled or have left.

The best thing about this travel gem? Its mess-free refill mechanism (named Genie-S) which eliminates drips and spills!

Simply attach the base of the bottle to the spray nozzle of your scent and move it up and down; a simple pumping motion fills the vial. Do note that the fragrance bottle you fill the atomiser from must have a removable spray head.

This mini travel bottle is not only great for everyday use, it’s also ideal for decanting fragrances for use during a vacation: According to the brand, it is aircraft-approved and has a unique pressure-regulating system that adjusts to changing air pressure during flights, preventing leaks.

How lovely it is to have that special spritz with you without having to worry about scent spillage or bottle breakage!

Available in different colours at Metro Singapore, Travalo atomisers (5 ml) retail at S$21.90. It doesn’t say on the packaging but I believe the one that I bought is the Travalo Excel which comes in a case of its own.

In a stroke of coincidence, a friend of mine actually discovered something similar at Watsons – a perfume spray produced by Marionnaud. It’s cheaper at S$14.90 but smaller in capacity. I didn’t get a chance to see how much it can contain but it’s certainly less than the Travalo.

Image source: Travalo

Posted in: beauty accessories | fragrances | metro | travalo

22 Responses to Travalo Refillable Travel Perfume Spray

1. December 23, 2011 at 3:10 pm

A really good idea! Thanks for the post!

2. stella
    December 23, 2011 at 3:35 pm

you can find the travolo at guardian pharmacy, without the outer case… i think i got mine for just $14.90 or $17.90

3. JenJen
    December 23, 2011 at 6:37 pm

the Marionnaud one’s nozzle is not good.. does not spray the perfume out..
    =((

4. JusChev
    December 24, 2011 at 1:05 am

The newer travalos has a bigger capacity than the older ones:)

5. Eile10
    December 24, 2011 at 7:56 am

I saw this at Metro too! Hmm but what if I want to change perfume? Do we need to wash it after the first decant? Or we use one travalos for each perfume?!

Cheers!

6. Esther
    December 24, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Hi Mag
    I just bought the Marionnaud one for $13.90 at Watsons. The capacity is 4ml. Apparently the Marionnaud also works on the Genie-S technology! :)

7. T
    December 24, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I ordered this from the travalo site. It leaks when brought inside a plane esp at high pressure temperature. Really wanted to like this and thought i just got a spoiled one so i got a second piece and unfortunately it leaks just the same.

Shouldnt be called travalo for what its worth!

8. December 26, 2011 at 12:53 am

I was googling more about how marionnaud worked and interestingly I came across Watson’s wikipedia page stating that they purchased/own marionnaud since 2005! : o

9. Christina
    December 27, 2011 at 12:24 am

that looks really great. will pop by to get it soon!

10. zeezee
    February 11, 2012 at 2:06 am

i bought 2 travalo atomizers, my pink one leaks :( when im pumping out my fragrance, the liquid spurted, squirted out of the bottom… leaving my precious scent on the floor and lingering in my hands. the red one works though. unlucky i got a bad apple…. hoping the ones they are selling have some sort of guarantee?

February 15, 2012 at 10:51 pm

You’re welcome, Jamilla! Hope it works for you. :)

February 15, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Hi Stella,

That’s a good price. The outer casing is unnecessary if you have something to store it in.

February 15, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Hi JenJen,

Thanks for the feedback. :)

February 15, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Hi Chevvie,

Thanks for that piece of information. Good news for fragrance lovers. ;)

February 15, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Hi Eile10 ,

I believe you need one for every fragrance. A friend once told me that it is necessary to clean out a bottle with alcohol if we wanted to switch fragrances but that’s too much trouble for me!

February 15, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Hi Esther,

It seems comparable but a reader above says that the nozzle isn’t very good. I haven’t tried it myself.

February 15, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Hi T,

Thanks for your feedback. I haven’t tried it for travelling yet but that sounds appalling! I hope you managed to clean your bag(s). Sorry to read about this.

February 15, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Hi Evonne,

Yep, it’s under Watsons! Seems to be a pretty big company that carries fragrances too.

February 15, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Hi Christina,

I hope it works for you!

February 15, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Hi zeezee,

Sorry to read about your experience. I’m not certain if they have any sort of guarantee. Perhaps you could bring it back to the store and ask?

21. private
    November 30, 2012 at 1:08 am

I would love to share a photo with you, of what happened when I used this product for travel. ie. what happens when you fly with Travalo.

TOTAL DISASTER.

More specifically, I took set of 9 Travalo atomisers on my flights. Some in carry on luggage (in cabin), some in checked luggage (in suitcases). All atomisers used exactly as per manufacture instruction (eg. not overfilled, etc); plus I have had a mini for very long time but just had never taken on flight. I would NOT recommend this product; and I will never buy it again.

You can see photo at:

December 19, 2012 at 3:55 am

Hi there,

I’ve actually taken 2 travelling and they were fine. Nonetheless, thank you for alerting us to this. It looks terrible. I’m so sorry you had to experience this.