This year, MAC Cosmetics is once again the official makeup brand for the Audi Fashion Festival.
Yesterday, I had a peek backstage where the MAC makeup artists were busy prepping the models for the runway shows in the evening.
Here is the makeup look keyed by MAC Senior Artist Beno Lim for Raoul Autumn/Winter 2012.
- MAC Face and Body Foundation mixed with MAC Prep+Prime Moisture Lotion and a drop of MAC Cleanse Off Oil on the face. The oil adds a touch of emollience to the foundation.
- MAC Eye Shadow in Carbon on the lid and lash lines (blended with MAC 217 Blending Brush and MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush), MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack on the upper lash line and MAC Eye Kohl in Smoulder on the lower lash line, for an intense winged smokey eye.
- MAC Mascara in False Lashes and MAC 20 Lash half lashes on the outer corner of the eye.
- MAC Brow Crayon in Lingering and MAC Brow Set in Clear on the brows. The paler brows offset and draw focus to the smokey eye.
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Dark as contour and blush.
- MAC Lip Erase and MAC Satin Lipstick in Peachstock on the lips. The former is a MAC PRO item but foundation or concealer can be good alternatives.
- MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder to set.
According to Beno, this is “a straightforward smokey eye look that’s all about using your blacks”. Smokes and nudes are always on-trend and though this look created for the runway is slightly more dramatic, it can certainly be adapted for personal wear.
And here’s Beno with his model!
Image sources: MAC Singapore, Audi Fashion Festival and HerWorldPlus