Sold out almost immediately after they were launched, the well-received Shiseido Perfect Rouge lipsticks are thankfully permanent additions to the brand’s makeup range.
A curved surface hugs the lip contours for more precise application. (It does change its shape, depending on how you apply your lipstick.)
An updated formula imbues these silky lip rouges with intense colour that’s evident at first swipe.
In tandem with the richness of pigment is a subtle shine that adds a lush quality to the lips.
I’ve been using a couple of them consistently over the past weeks and enjoy how easily and evenly they deposit colour. I particularly love the creamy, lustrous texture which seems to have a conditioning effect, treating my mildly-chapped lips. The brand also promises long-lasting moisture by way of hyaluronic acid and a patented hydration formula. Though I won’t say my lips feel plush the entire day, the lipsticks hold well enough. I’m hoping for a deep berry shade in the future! ;)
Here’s a peek at the new Dragon with the Shiseido Camellia Compact – a perfect duo. ♥
Trivia: Twist up these lipsticks to reveal their bases and you will see the words ‘Tokyo Ginza Shiseido’ written on them, a tribute to the brand’s origins and its confidence that you will use them all the way to the end.
Below are swatches of all 15 shades.
- RD 142 Sublime – reddish coral
- PK 307 Tourmaline – soft pink
- PK 417 Bubblegum – bubblegum pink
- RS 320 Fuchsia – bright fuchsia
- PK 343 Secret – light peachy pink
- RS 745 Fantasia – soft plum
- RD 304 Sweet Pea – shimmering raspberry
- RD 514 Dragon – deep red
- BE 740 Vision – light pinky beige
- RD 346 Bedtime – deep muted coral
- RS 347 Ballet – berry pink
- OR 341 Fleur – peach coral
- OR 544 Tiger – apricot
- RS 711 Venetian Rose – rosy mauve
- RS 448 Sensation – hot pink
Also new to Shiseido is Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer, a glossier and softer counterpart to Perfect Rouge.
Encased in a stunning metallic red case, the striking tube actually seems more suited for the richer version.
Below are swatches of all 10 shades.
From left to right:
- PK 301 Pretty – sheer light pink
- BE 302 Topaz – sheer peachy nude
- BR 503 Society – sheer plum brown
- RD 304 Hibiscus – sheer warm rose
- RD 205 Flora – sheer shimmering watermelon pink
- RD 506 Foxy – deep rose
- RS 307 Rose Geranium
- RS 508 Romance
- RS 509 Vino
- RK 501 Satin
As with most Japanese department store lipsticks, these are dermatologist-tested and fragrance-free. In Singapore, they retail at S$43.
Posted in: beauty news | beauty trivia | japanese brands | lipstick | makeup merry | shiseido | swatches