Local fans of drugstore brand Boots no longer need to travel to nearby Bangkok or the UK for their fix – Boots is finally in Singapore.
Available at Guardian Plus (Ngee Ann City, B2-15 to 23; near Candylicious), you can find several Boots beauty brands: No7 (skincare and cosmetics), Boots Dermocare, Boots Extracts, Botanics (natural products), Champneys (spa care), Mark Hill (haircare) and Soltan (suncare).
According to the press release, Boots beauty advisors will be around to help you with your purchases.
My two favourite items from the brand are Boots Nail Polish Remover with Rosemary Oil and Boots Baby Sensitive Head to Toe Moisturising Wash. The former is made in Thailand, while the latter is made in the UK – mirrored in many of the products that are on the shelves here. I only had a cursory glance at the Boots space, so I’m not sure if they’re available at Guardian but I’ll be sure to take a second look the next time I’m at the store.
It’s odd to see their products within another pharmacy, as Boots is usually a store itself. That said, Watsons did carry some Superdrug products in the past. Perhaps this is a win-win situation for both parties, seeing as how Guardian and Watsons carry an extensive array of brands that draws a plethora of customers. :)
Here are the top ten Boots products recommended for Singapore. Among them is the fabled Boots Protect & Perfect Intense Serum (S$53.90), an anti-ageing sensation that has received positive press reinforcing its claims to reduce wrinkles and deep facial lines. I bought it several years back but didn’t use it long enough to verify these claims; it felt quite silicone-y and reminded me of Estée Lauder Idealist in texture.
Do remember to pick up the flyer that gives you S$4 off a S$20 purchase of Boots products, before you buy anything. It also lists the launch dates of Boots in other Guardian stores.
For reference, here they are:
1. 391 Orchard Road, #B2-15 to 23, Ngee Ann City, Takashimaya Shopping Centre (opening 19.10.13)
2. 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #B1-18/19, Great World City (opening 01.12.13)
3. 80 Marine Parade Road, #B1-147/149, Parkway Parade (opening 01.12.13)
4. 3 Temasek Boulevard, #02-328/329, Suntec City (opening 01.12.13)
5. 290 Orchard Road, #B1-20/24, Paragon (opening 01.12.13)
6. 1 Harbourfront Walk, #01-23, Vivo City (opening 01.12.13)
7. 23 Serangoon Central, #B1 – 62 /63, Serangoon NEX (opening 01.12.13)
8. 50 Jurong Gateway Road, #B1-16/17, JEM Shopping Centre (opening 01.12.13)
9. 163 Tanglin Road, #01-18, Tanglin Mall (opening 01.12.13)