Yesterday saw the launch of the Dior Backstage Studio at Ion Orchard.
A space that mimics the vibrancy and energy of the fashion runways, it’s essentially a beauty boutique with dedicated areas for makeup, skincare and fragrances. It’s the second of its kind in Southeast Asia, the first being in Hong Kong.
Setting it apart from the regular Dior counters here are:
- Products available exclusively at the boutique (false eyelashes, special edition Dior Vernis and palettes, for instance)
- Backstage Boxes, sets that comprise seasonal must-haves (It Colours)
- Backstage tools, including Dior Backstage Brushes
Here’s a closer look at the range.
- Makeovers with a product-redeemable fee
- Enhanced makeup services that include a makeup bag detox (aka Dior-led destashing!) and specific runway-inspired looks
- Personalised services from Dior Backstage Artists who have had runway experience
- Complimentary services such as a 20-minute manicure with 2 Dior lacquers purchased
The current exclusive at the boutique is Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet which will only launch at the Dior counters in April 2014.
I’m quite enamoured of the scent space with their olfactory pleasures. The Dior J’Adore corner is reminiscent of the Dior La Collection Privée nook at Tangs Orchard, thanks to the fragrance flaçons.
Heads-up: The fragrances will increase by S$10 in March 2014, so don’t wait to purchase!
Foundie-junkies will be glad to know that the new (re-vamped, actually) Dior Airflash Spray Foundation (S$88) with an airbrushed finish is available at the boutique too. It’s a permanent item but can only be found here.
To celebrate the launch of this boutique, Dior is giving away a Kim Robinson voucher (cut/wash/blow-dry) worth S$135, with every S$120 spent. Though there are 200 pieces available, I hear 30 have already been redeemed on the day of the launch!
An excellent gift-with-purchase, certainly: You’re essentially getting much more than you pay for, plus Dior rarely – if ever – does collaborations like this. I’m tempted to take up the offer…the new foundie is so tempting!
In addition, stand a chance to receive a free Dior Lip Maximizer ($44) from now till 14 February 2014, when you take a selfie at the boutique and upload it on Instagram with the hashtag #diorbackstagesg. There are only 25 pieces to be given away each day, so visit early.
PS: The testers are fresh and clean this week! ;)
The boutique is located at Ion Orchard, B-44/46. It has somewhat of an L-shaped space; depending on where you’re coming from, it’s next to Chanel (from the Orchard MRT station Ion exit) and also next to Bobbi Brown (opposite Topshop). It’s impossible to miss, trust me.
Posted in: beauty news | dior | ion orchard | makeup merry | singapore shopping