Whether you’re preparing for a getaway or have a weakness for petite products, you’re likely to find something to love from Sephora Singapore’s latest ‘travel size, beauty wise’ crop of offerings.
The beauty mecca has always stocked a healthy number of travel-friendly products. Now, in addition to them, it has introduced Beauty On The Fly – a brand-new merchandising fixture that presents more on-the-go options and choices galore from top beauty names to house-brand favourites.
I haven’t been to Sephora ION in quite a while, so I was pleasantly surprised while exploring the store recently to use a gift card Sephora had generously given to me – from TSA-compliant minis to handy palettes and comprehensive sets, I had a lot to choose from. ;)
As I forayed among the gondolas of goodies, I was greeted by these Sephora Therapy Masks – facial masks with different ingredients and a multitude of functions, distinguished by their individual hue. Flat and compact, these skincare perk-me-ups slip easily into your travel bags.
Not far from the colourful discs is this delicious display of Sephora Nice Creams. Adorably packaged like small scoops of ice cream, these creamy body wash capsules are convenient for getaway shower/bath needs.
Conspicuously stretching along the cashier queue area is a staggering variety of travel delights ranging from accessories to makeup to skincare.
If you prefer to decant your favourite products into containers, empty plastic receptacles—in individual pieces or in sets neatly packed in pouches—are available.
Another section houses a selection of nail necessities including cuticle care crèmes and express polish removers. If you’re looking for nourishment for your nails or something to spiff up your mani/pedi, this area holds several treasures.
And then there’s the egg-citing display of Beautyblenders. ;) Almost all the variations of this famous washable latex-free sponge are available here. They’re mind-bogglingly pricey but I’ve several and they’ve served me well for some time.
If you prefer something more affordable, you could look to the elliptical version from the Sephora house brand. It’s stiffer than the BB but its pointed end is great for concealing work, defining brow arches and cleaning up makeup boo-boos.
I generally have my skincare faves that accompany me on my travels (usually deluxe-sized samples that I receive from purchasing products) but I couldn’t help but be occupied for a while browsing the store’s selection of travel skincare recommendations. Their substantial yet handy sizes not only make them suitable travel companions, they’re a great way to try something new.
I’m a pack-rat when it comes to vacation makeup, so it was a joy to explore the travel makeup section. Here are some noteworthy makeup minis that I spotted:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – That iconic shadow primer to keep your eye makeup pristine. The now-revamped squeeze-tube packaging makes it so much easier to use—and preserve—now!
- Tarte Cosmetics How Sweet It Is Deluxe Lip & Cheek Duo – Comprising Tarte Sweet Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush and Tarte Sweet Lipsurgence Lip Tint, this peach-pink pair will appeal to many ladies here.
- Stila Cosmetics Floral Fixation Lip Glaze Trio – 3 dewy glosses to grace your lips, this sweet set of versatile cool tones is equally complementary with neutral and smokey eye looks.
- Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional Blot On The Spot! – An ‘instant oil-blotting stick’ to remove sebum and mattify your face.
After tearing myself away from the makeup zone, I turned to some skincare quick-fixes. Here are a few lauded lovelies:
- Caudalie Eau de Raisin/Grape Water – A refreshing mist enriched with botanicals, it is nourishing for the skin.
- Smith’s Rosebud Perfume Co. Lip Balm in Mocha Rose – A slick of YLBB colour for the lips, this salve alleviates dryness too.
- Caudalie Eau de Beauté/Beauty Elixir – A radiance-booster, this serum gives skin a nice glow.
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser – A warming face wash, it cleans off light makeup too.
If you’re not one to mix and match, tailored skincare sets from department store brands, akin to those at travel retail, are available at Sephora too.
Of course, no makeup junkie can leave on a trip without palettes – the ideal way to bring more colour options with you. I already own most of the sets here but couldn’t help but gaze longingly at those I don’t have (yet!). >_<
More Beauty On The Fly recs here. These mini essentials and deluxe-sized items are perfect for staycations, and will meet your last-minute travel needs if you intend to go away this upcoming National Day weekend! :)
Here are my travel picks from the store:
1. Benefit Cosmetics Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit (Benetint, High Beam, Sugarbomb Blush/Face Powder, Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Lipgloss and a Mini Powder Brush) – The ideal products for a polished, put-together look, the nude Sugarbomb tones are my favourite among the Benefit face/cheek best-sellers. I love that the kit includes Benetint and High Beam minis; not only are they complementary, they were my very first Benefit products in the past…it’s nice to play with them again!
2. Caudalie Eau de Raisin/Grape Water – I’m not fond of the scent but I like its soothing sensation, and the fact that it’s a “100 percent grape water toner enriched with moisturizing polysaccharides and mineral salts.” ;)
3. Caudalie Eau de Beauté/Beauty Elixir – A spritz of this offers a radiance boost. This serum not only preps the skin for moisturiser, it also sets makeup.
4. Fresh Life Eau de Parfum Roller Ball – I wasn’t sure if I should splurge on the full-sized bottle of this scent, so I decided to give it a go with its portable rollerball version. A refreshing perfume with citrus notes (which happen to sit wonderfully on my skin), it is perfect for cutting through the mugginess of our humid weather.
5. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser – The one in this photo is actually the full-sized one; I’d brought my travel-sized version to Bangkok while visiting my bestie and left it at her place for her to use. It has a nice warming effect and cleanses effectively.
6. Guerlain Météorites Compact in 02 Clair – A compressed rendition of those special spheres, this is one way to bring luxe beauty and joy with me on my travels…only that I needn’t fumble with balls of powder that might spill or roll away.
7 & 8. Living Proof Frizz No Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner – This poo-and-dish pair consistently comes up tops in product ratings. I like that they’re available in a generous yet travel-friendly size.
9. Living Proof Prime Style Extender Spray – A lightweight hair-styling primer, this is yet another best-seller from the brand.
10. Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow Palette 2 – In addition to nude tones (see below), I like a shot of vibrancy in my eye colours when I travel. If you haven’t tried the reformulated MUFE Artist Shadows, this striking palette is an excellent way to get started. You’ll love the rich colour payoff.
11. Percy & Reed Smoothed, Sealed & Sensational No Oil Oil – An ultralight product, this hair-softening serum is lovely on fine hair without feeling gunky or greasy.
12. Percy & Reed Session Hold Hairspray – I haven’t given this a go yet but I think my sometimes-limp hair could use a boost from this spray that purports to be humidity-resistant.
13. PureHeal’s Propolis 39 CC Cream SPF 50+/PA+++ – I haven’t opened this but I’ve been enjoying Korean base products with high SPF of late, so I have high hopes for this cream with a lightweight formula.
14. Sephora 3D Precision Sponge – As I mentioned earlier, this tool is good for definition and cleaning up makeup mistakes.
15. Sephora Collection Colorful 5 Eyeshadow Palette in N°06 Pale to Rich Taupe – Mostly made in France, Sephora colours have come a long way from their chalky beginnings. This pigmented palette holds a nice range of neutrals and is a well-edited ‘naked’ shadow compact.
16. Sephora Targeted Eye Remover Swabs – I couldn’t help but be drawn to these cleansing sticks with scored tips that dispense remover for fixing minor eye makeup mistakes. I haven’t opened them yet though, so I don’t know how efficacious they are.
17. Sephora Ultimate Oil-in-Gel Lipstick Remover – Another item I haven’t tried yet but I look forward to testing it out on my more tenacious lip products.
18. Sephora Ultimate Warming Cleanser – A comforting facial wash experience with its heated sensation, this feels warmer but foams up more gently than the Fresh version.
19. Soap & Glory Irresistibubble Gift Set (Sugar Crush Body Wash and Sugar Crush Body Buttercream) – I love the cheery catchphrases of this brand, not to mention the sweet yet uplifting whiff of the ice-cream soda scent.
20. Tarte Cosmetics The Brow Architect Brow Shaper, Liner and Definer – I didn’t remove the cartridge to display the concealer end but this nifty tool is really all you need for quick brow colour-ins/touch-ups, thanks to its 3-in-1 features.
Beauty Wise Deals
Receive a complimentary Sephora Beauty on the Fly Pouch with any 3 travel-sized products purchased, and a complimentary backpack with every S$150 spent (S$120 for Sephora members), while stocks last.
If you’re a Sephora Black Card holder, do drop by the Sephora Black Card Rewards vending machine currently located at the central zone of Sephora ION to receive a complimentary beauty treat: If you have accrued a minimum of 100 points in your card (you could also spend S$100 on the spot), you will be given a token with which you can dispense a generous sample-sized product of your choice.
Participating brands include Sephora, Algenist, Benefit Cosmetics, Fresh, Make Up For Ever, Skin Inc, Tarte Cosmetics and Urban Decay. Nifty treats include Benefit They’re Real! Mascara, Fresh Black Tea Perfecting Mask and Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush.
♥ Sephora Giveaway ♥
And just to get you started on your travel prep, here’s a little Sephora giveaway from my personal stash, comprising products that I enjoy.
To win this set of products:
Leave a comment under this post telling me about anything you love from or about Sephora.
I’ll pick a winner by next week and will notify the winner via email. Do note that this giveaway is open only to Singapore residents.
I just love to shop in Sephora, everything just look so pretty!! Luxury and good quality products you can find in sephora and well knowledge staffs to serve your need! My lovetine fav place to shop and not to missed when i passby one!! And also a place where you can know the makeup trend too!!
Thanks for this giveaway!!
I love sephora for
S – staff
E – experience
P – passionate
H – heaven
O – opalescent
R – rewards
A – authenticity
A great store that provides head to toe products be it from sephora or other award winning brands.Love the newly opened store this year in nex, just made shopping for one much more convenient. The recent Breakfast body scrub from smoothie star that I bought recently is vry good and so are the homebrands!
To me, Sephora is a like a candy store for a 5-year old!
I love Sephora because I could literally spend a whole day playing with everything in the store! I especially adore them for having brought in Clarisonic to Singapore, which is my total live saviour :) I also love Sephora and their staff for their extensive product knowledge on the items they have. It is always my all in one stall to go and stock up on my daily essentials ;) Will never ever leave the store empty handed (sometimes a rather bad news to the pocket and my cupboard)! :)
I love the entire store! It is spacious and the people are so friendly and helpful but if i had to choose, i woukd pick the benetint lip/cheek tint because of its scent and sheer blush that I get from it. It is my go to product when i do not want to much makeup on.
I live Sephora for their dazzling array of beauty products, and how they always manage to bring in cult brands to Singapore! Their new vending machine that dispenses deluxe size samples is also super cool. :D
I simply love the makeup brushes from Sephora. They are affordable and work beautifully each time. They pick up just the right amount of powder and leave me with a natural finish. I only wish they could retail everything online.
I love Sephora because it’s simply a one-stop shopping solution for all my beauty and personal care needs, from skincare products to cosmetics to hair & body care products and even scents! Also, it carries a wide range of products under one roof, including many luxe USA brands which are not readily available elsewhere in Singapore. What’s more? Its staff are really knowledgeable about the products sold in Sephora and are also extremely helpful and friendly! Each of my shopping experiences at Sephora thus far (which is quite a number, by the way) has always been very enjoyable and fulfilling! Love Sephora to the moon and back! <3
Love the sephora ion because mac is available there!
Sephora makes my day. Simply can’t keep my eyes off from it.
My major love would be Benefit High Beam along with Stila tinted moisturizer from Sephora. I have tried quite a number of highlighters and I will always go back to Benefit High beam. It’s portable and one bit of it goes a long way to make ur nose bridge looks higher. Stila tinted moisturizer is also one of my Holy grail products as it is not cakey and give you the right amount of coverage needed. It also contains SPF so u can skip the sunblock on days where u need to rush out. Overall, I love shopping at sephora as I can try and test all the products from different brands all at one go! There are also makeup artists/sales associates around to offer beautt advices!! I LOVE SEPHORA :)
I love Sephora Nice Creams. so cute, looks like ice cream, creamy body wash capsules that’s fuss free & convenient for travel, can just open it up for a one time use instead of bringing small bottles, just pack like 8 capsules for 8 Days holidays. The packaging makes me feel happy using it again. :)
Sephora has variety of brands of all age. I love sephora.
Stepping into Sephora is like opening Pandora’s Box; you never know what surprises you enter this skincare/makeup haven.,also, they have friendly & helpful staff who will stop what they’re doing to answer your doubts..
I love Sephora masks! It work best for me :)
it is basically heaven to me since i love playing and experienentinf new looks and try new products Sephora is also a place where I can distract myself from the stress from my work.
I love how everything in Sephora is so well organised and the lightings inside just makes everything so worth buying! It’s like once you step in, you are trapped till you buy something to free yourself hahaha
I love everything about sephora! When i step in to sephora i will go nuts! There’s a lot of things to buy especially makeup from the good quality to the cute packaging. There is a wide variety of brand that u can find. SO its worth it.
One thing that I like about Sephora is I get to hands on try the product before buying. There are testers for everything. I would not end up regretting of buying a product because it might be too oily for my liking or smells bad. The experience to try before buying is awesome!
I like the concept of Sephora where there are professional advisors and wide range of brands and products. It is the only place where I can get to buy and try a lot of brands/products that is not easily available in Singapore!
I simply love Sephora because I can find many different brands of makeup and skincare. Some of the brands I am using are only available overseas and I need to order and ship! But now with Sephora, I no longer have to do that because they bring in so many brands that I love
Thank you so much for your entries. I’ll be picking the winner this weekend! Sorry for the delay; I was swamped with my boys’ exams. I finally have a breather and will be updating very soon. :)
And we have a winner: http://www.makeupstash.com/2015/08/sephora-singapore-beauty-on-the-fly-travel-essentials-a-sephora-giveaway.html/comment-page-1#comment-613011
Thank you for participating. Do look out for my next giveaway coming up very soon! :)