This year, Shiseido Singapore has introduced a collection of subdued colours—livened by a shot of vibrancy—for Fall/Winter 2015.
I was charmed by the muted palette and loved the autumnal tones at first sight. So apt for the season they represent, these wearable hues are chicly understated and perfect for adding a hint of sophistication to an everyday makeup look.
In the collection are:
- Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Garnet VI730—Garnet is a cool brownish violet that harmonisies with the skin to create a wearable jewel-toned effect around the eyes.
- Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Kitsune BR731—Kitsune evokes the luxurious reddish brown shades of a fox’s coat. Lush and deep.
- Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Ochre BR329—Ochre is a rich yellowish brown, adding depth and definition on cool skin tones and harmonious shading on warmer skins.
- Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Clay BE728—Clay is a surprisingly delicate warm grey. A wash or chic monochrome definition for the eyes.
- Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Binchotan GR732—Binchotan provides deep greyish definition with a hazy green aspect. A new kind of smoke for creating smoky eyes.
I love the texture of the SCEC range: Silky and slick, they go on easily. I like them on their own and as crease-proof bases for other eyeshadows. They layer beautifully without caking up too.
- Veiled Rouge in Honeydew OR313—Honeydew is a light and translucent orange shade, sheer and sweet.
- Veiled Rouge in Caprice PK314—Caprice is a lovely, fresh coral pink. A fun, bright shade to enhance any makeup.
- Veiled Rouge in Enchantment RD315—Enchantment is a fine soft red shot through with delicate gold pearls. A subtle, wearable red shade.
- Veiled Rouge in Zinnia RD316—Zinnia is a sharp pinkish red rendering discreet and chic by its lightness and transparency.
This range will appeal to ladies who like delicate, sheen-y colour. It’s not my favourite range as I prefer pigmented lipsticks (see below) but these dewy choices are pretty and easy-to-wear.
- Perfect Rouge in Empress RS656—Empress is a grand and dramatic plum colour, deep and complex.
- Perfect Rouge in Spellbound RD555—Spellbound is a deep, brownish red. It’s a romantic, glamorous and mysterious shade.
- Perfect Rouge in Cocoa Rose PK354—Cocoa Rose is a warm brown-toned beige, elegant and easy to wear.
- Perfect Rouge in Black Walnut BR757—Black Walnut is a luscious rich, deep brown. It’s a good neutral shade, versatile and flattering.
A favourite range of mine since Shiseido introduced it years back, I frequently recommend Perfect Rouge to friends who want full colour and moisture. Their richness is a visual and tactile delight.
From this collection, Empress stole my heart: As impressive as its namesake, I love the depth of this striking plum.
Acoompanying the colour collection are two lash products:
- Shiseido Full Lash Volume Mascara
With a radial ‘Full Expansion Brush’, it maximises mascara application and lash separation.
- Shiseido Full Lash Serum
Formulated with Ziziphus jujuba fruit (Chinese red date) extract and arginine (a restorative amino acid), it promises to repair and nourish lashes. Its flocked-tip applicator deposits the serum evenly between lashes.
I love the Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base (it really lifts my lashes and prolongs a curl), so I’m looking forward to trying this lash pair.
In Singapore, this collection is already out at the counters and will likely be part of the permanent line-up.