EOTD | Lunasol Sheer Contrast Eyes in EX01 Blue Green Coral

January 9, 2009

Thanks to Iris’s post yesterday, I finally used the Lunasol palette that I received for my birthday last year!

The sparkle on all the colours, except for the beige, is simply an overlay. That said, the true colours are softly shimmery.

I used:

• Lunasol Eyelid Base N from lash to brow
  • Shiseido Hydro Powder Eyeshadow in H5 Aqua Shimmer on the lid to bring out the colours
  • The teal on the outer 2/3 of the lid
  • The mint green on the inner 1/3 of the lid
  • The sparkly beige from socket to brow
  • Make Up For Ever Pearly Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in 2L (now known as Aqua Eyes in Pearly Brown 2L) to line
  • The taupe brown over the MUFE pencil

This quad is extremely easy to use; the colours are truly complementary and blend like a dream! I could also use it the same ways I do the Kesalan Patharan eyeshadow trio that I love so much.

A better view of the taupe brown applied over the MUFE Pencil on the lower lash line.

Please excuse the messy brows in the eye photos and the cross-eyed look in the face one. I am actually quite amused by my eyes being drawn together like that; I look semi-alien! No thanks to post-period bloat, my eyebags are hideous too (hence the strategically placed watermark, lol!).

And yes, those are Dariya hair pads on my head. :D There were times when I almost went out without removing them, to the exasperation of my hubs. :P

The slight glow that you see comes from BRTC Glossy Shining BB Cream SPF37. My face looks a little pale in the photo, no thanks to the sunscreen – I also look washed out because I hadn’t put on any lip colour before taking the photo – but I like how the pearly BB Cream makes my skin look in real life, when paired with Sana Maikohan Powder to reduce the frost factor. :)

Posted in: bb creams | dariya | eotds | eyeshadow faves | eyeshadow palettes | eyeshadow quads | eyeshadows | japanese brands | lunasol | monolid | sana maikohan

10 Responses to EOTD | Lunasol Sheer Contrast Eyes in EX01 Blue Green Coral

1. birkinbagbeauty
    January 9, 2009 at 5:34 am

ohh, that is gorgeous. You look amazing with these colours…

January 9, 2009 at 5:39 am

Hi Birkin!

Thank you for your lovely comments. I think the colours show up better on Iris’s eyes and in her photos though.

I’m going to try this palette again with a different base! :D

PS: I’m linking your blog. I’m so glad you left a comment; you’ve reminded me to do it, hee!

3. yumeko/bittenbefore
    January 9, 2009 at 11:03 am

haha u are so cute!!
    i lovee those dariya things too

they came out with heart and bow shaped ones in japan now so if u leave the house with them , you’ll be ok still hee

btw u wear blue soooo well!

January 9, 2009 at 11:38 am

Thank you, Yumeko! :)

Ah, they’ve come up with prettier ones. Bows and hearts, how sweet! I hope they make their way here.

You know, I’ve actually seen two other types – one from Watsons which looks similar to the Dariya ones (and may very well be the same) and one from a China brand which looks less properly meshed. :P

5. Renee
    January 10, 2009 at 1:56 am

YAY! I know what you look like now, no more hiding!

I’m always so curious as to what bloggers (especially ones i’ve been talking to for so long!) look like … oops. guess i should come out of hiding too then :-p

January 10, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Hi Renee!

LOL – I do look funny in this photo! I wanted my readers to see how the pads looked like. ;)

My friend saw it, did a double take and went, ‘What’s THAT on your head?!’

I’ve seen a photo of you! It was on your site or someone else’s before you revamped your blog…and you are stunning. You remind me of a Northern Indian-Chinese friend I have. Pan Asian looks and very model-ly! :D

7. sesame
    January 10, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Oooh…love your eye makeup! Very pretty! And nice complexion too…

8. Renee
    January 10, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Pads on your head? Oh i see it! Haha i was just looking at your makeup, didn’t notice that! What is that?! lol!

Dang you saw me! haha and thank you! I actually am pan asian :P. Think i should add one again on my About page, i am too shy though!

January 10, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Thank you, Sesame but the appearance of the skin is mostly lighting and the BB Cream, hehe! Time to post your face too! ;)

January 10, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Renee, you are too beautiful NOT to show your face. :) Honestly, I was very taken by your visage. Plus you’re skinny too. *envious* Teehee!

The pads are the Dariya ones that I wrote about!