A Bugis Junction Haul

June 1, 2009

A short jaunt at Bugis Junction saw me poorer but happier.
I had some time to spare so I popped into the mall for a quick browse.

A stop at Sasa had me purchasing a Red Earth Summer Splash kit. Originally priced at S$38, this was on offer at S$15. Consisting of a mineral eyeshadow primer that reminds me of the brand’s Eye Wonder (also an eye primer), two cream eyeshadows and a pigment housed in a gold faux croc-skin case, this set is undoubtedly value-for-money.

I headed to BHG next and to my delight, saw that Kate Diamond Cut Eyes (S$27) had finally arrived in Singapore. I merrily swatched away and
finally decided on BR-1, BL-1 and GN-1. Smooth and pigmented, some of the shades blend well and pop unusually.

I also bought Select Eye Colors in Black Selection (S$29), a sturdy neutral/smokey eye palette and Gel Eye Shadow in GY-1 (S$14.50), a pewter shot through with multi-coloured shimmer that dries to a sparkly film.

All these Kate items came with a somewhat generous Kanebo gift-with-purchase comprising a pewter-coloured tote, a Blanchir skincare set and a hair band to hold up hair during face washes (I prefer my Dariya hair sheets though).

I then wandered over to the Pupa display and saw the Smoky Eyes Kits (S$29.90). Taken by their versatility and pigmentation, I snapped both up in a flash.

Last but not least, I grabbed a special palette from Fasio for a special someone.

A happy hefty haul, this bout of retail therapy thrilled me to bits! More details on some of these lovelies later. ;)

Posted in: hauls | kanebo kate | makeup merry | pupa | red earth

16 Responses to A Bugis Junction Haul

1. Anonymous
    June 1, 2009 at 3:08 pm

how much are the diamond cut ?

2. jojoba
    June 1, 2009 at 3:21 pm

hey i narly got that kate quad (the rectangular quad). there were a black and a brown. i wanted to gte both but i decided not to. they are very pretty and LE last year. i decided not to only because i have too much of browns and smoky stuff.

nice haul!

3. pinky"the-middle-name-is-princess"beanie
    June 1, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Wow, you have been shopping! Way to go :)

4. Yumeko
    June 1, 2009 at 7:49 pm

wooo someone was busy hauling!

5. JacQlin
    June 1, 2009 at 10:38 pm

ahhhh e new stuff from kate??? sgp hass it????

June 1, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Hi Anon,

They’re S$27. I’ve edited the post to include the price. :)

June 1, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Hey Jojoba,

Get them! I know they’d look fantastic on your eyes. Do the words ‘limited edition’ not strike you with panic, even a little? LOL! ;)

June 1, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Pinky sweets! How’ve you been? Your turn to shop now. ;)

June 1, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Hey Yumeko,

I took a leaf out of your book, hahaha! :D

June 1, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Hi Jac!

Yep, they’re in! ;) OG People’s Park has a lovely display of these new Kate goodies.

11. Anonymous
    June 2, 2009 at 9:50 am

Kate is at BHG. I may go down & take a look. My office is also near to a SaSa store. Probably will check it out during lunch time. Thx for the updates.

12. JacQlin
    June 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm

I’ve got my BL-1 and GL-1. Got mascara base, gel shadow and eyeliner too… …the gal is nice…but she didn’t give me the skinset…^..^ only the bag :( .. + some samples

June 4, 2009 at 1:00 pm

You're welcome, Anon. I bought my Kate from the BHG store at Bugis Junction. It's good to be near Sasa! ;)

June 4, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Wow, Jac, nice haul! ;) The gwps often change. :(

Enjoy everything – the lash and liner items you bought are very popular Kate items. :)

15. kimoko
    June 4, 2009 at 5:57 pm

Woah! We have the new Diamond Cut Eyes? Its not overly marked-up though. I bought it about S$20 after conversion from HK.

You make me regret not getting the GN-1! That was the first piece I grabbed but ended up putting it back and getting the other 2 you bought.

Oh, the gel shadow is very reasonably priced too! I can see our Kate selection expanding! hehe

Me likey the Pupa lah! Must go down one day and see see!

Swatch and EOTD pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

June 7, 2009 at 1:29 am

Kimmy! :)

Yep, they're in and quite reasonably priced too, I thought. I contemplated having them CPed in Japan but I figured the good gwp evened things out…plus I HAD to have them then and there, hee! This compulsion is sad, I know. :P

Get the GN-1 and the Pupa! We'll play together and create EOTDs! ;)