Stage Cosmetics Waterproof Eye Liners

November 11, 2009

Stage Eye Liners

I was about to leave Ion Orchard one evening after a fruitful trip to Topshop, when I saw a poster outside the Stage Cosmetics store (#B3-38) announcing a S$10 offer on all eyeliners, among other beauty products. Having a penchant for black eyeliners, I made a beeline for Stage’s waterproof Eye Liner (originally S$20) which I’d tried before but was hesitant to purchase. As you can tell, I left the store with more than one pencil. :P

Stage Eye Liner Pencils Stage Eyeliner Pencils

Made in Germany as many good waterproof eye pencils are, these liners impress me with their richness of colour, smooth texture and lasting quality. They aren’t dry like Lord & Berry Smudgeproof Waterproof Eyeliners; instead, they remind me of Gosh Velvet Touch Waterproof Eye Liners, albeit in more easily available, intense shades. :)

Stage Eye Liner Pencil SwatchesSwatches of Backstage Black, Oscar Olive, Pewter Performance, Teal Theater, West End White

The names allude to aspects of stagecraft, in line with the brand’s name. I think that Theatrical Teal would’ve made a better name for the deep greened blue though! ;)

Posted in: eyeliners | stage cosmetics | waterproof

21 Responses to Stage Cosmetics Waterproof Eye Liners

1. November 11, 2009 at 9:04 am

How does this compare with Mac’s Engraved in terms of not smudging? I have oily lids and whenever I line my waterline, it always stains the area below my eye, making it look like I have eyebags!!

November 11, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Hi UptownGal!

How nice to see you here again. :) It performs like the usual waterproof eyeliners, really. However, it’s darker than Engraved which has a more charcoal appearance. Again, layering over with a black shadow works for me.

2. yukino
    November 11, 2009 at 9:45 am

Hi, I was wondering if you know when the promotion for the eyeliner will end??
    Thank you.

November 11, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Hi Yukino,

I think it ends mid-November on 15 November. Do give the store a call to verify – the number is 6509 8938. :)

3. kailing
    November 11, 2009 at 2:16 pm

the liners look great!! and really strong colours :) i think i’ll pop by and get some too hehe. thanks for sharing the great news!

November 11, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Hi Kailing,

You’re welcome! There’re many more available, if I remember correctly. Have fun shopping! :)

4. November 11, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Hi there!

Do they have a dark brown one, and did you try it? What’s your verdict?

November 12, 2009 at 11:43 am

Hi Nanashee,

Like the ones I have, the dark brown is rich and smooth. I didn’t buy it though because I have too many dark brown liners! ;)

5. yunrui
    November 11, 2009 at 7:49 pm

yeayea~
    i gt myself a brown liner that day too, their eyeshadows are pretty lasting and rich in colour too (:
    doesnt crease up to 12hours for me (on foundation n concealer.. )
    i think they’re pretty good buys even at the original prices~~ let alone half stashed price. whakakak.

November 12, 2009 at 11:43 am

Hi Yunrui,

Yay! I haven’t tried their eyeshadows. Enjoy your haul! :)

6. November 12, 2009 at 9:20 am

Hi Mag,

But it’s hard to layer over with a black shadow when it’s on the waterline… the tears wash it away all the time…

November 12, 2009 at 11:44 am

Hi UptownGal,

The pencil line tends to grab the shadow (especially when it’s semi-tacky) and the latter sets the line. Try this with a pencil brush?

7. November 12, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Hi Mag,

Thanks for your reply! SO getting one. Or a few. :D Been using L’Oreal’s Infallible eyeliner in Black/Brown, but running low and NO ONE is going overseas, so I’m looking for a replacement. Sounds like I found it!

November 16, 2009 at 11:31 am

Hi Nanashee,

I hope you like the pencils. :)

8. Karen
    November 12, 2009 at 8:00 pm

They look really good. Being a fiend of liners, I think I must check these out. I am loving Teal Theatre. Do they only have an outlet at Ion?

November 16, 2009 at 11:32 am

Hi Karen,

You can find Stage at Suntec City and Bugis Junction too. :)

9. kailing
    November 14, 2009 at 11:21 pm

i got the brown and pewter one today.. the pewter one is really pretty! unique colour (at least for me who only uses black/brown so far hehe)..

November 16, 2009 at 11:39 am

Hi Kailing,

Nice haul! The pewter is pretty and would add interest to a smoky eye. :)

10. November 23, 2009 at 1:24 am

I have Oscar Olive given to me by a friend. The performance is really not too bad. I need to check out Pewter Performance and Teal Theater! So pretty! I agree with you on the name for the teal one

November 24, 2009 at 11:37 am

Hi Connie!

The three you mention are pretty special / pretty, special shades. ;)