MAC Private Sale

April 13, 2010

As I’ve received several emails regarding this event, I thought I’d answer the frequently-asked questions here. My answers are somewhat similar to those in my Estée Lauder private sale post but there are some differences, where a MAC private sale is concerned.

1. Who can attend a MAC private sale?

Anyone. However, the staff at the sale will only admit those with tickets. People have been known to try and sneak in by going with friends who have tickets but I wouldn’t recommend this.

2. How do I obtain tickets to such a sale?

The simple answer:

They are offered to you by the brand’s management or its staff.

The more complex answer:

If you happen to be a MAC business associate or an Estée Lauder employee, you’ll most likely be given the tickets. Even so, past sales have seen a limit on these tickets, as well as the company selectively choosing staff members to hand them to.

If you are familiar with the MAC MAs who usually serve you, they might offer you one or more. Please do not inundate them with requests though; they too have friends and family who want the tickets. I know of people who have harassed the MAC staff – such behaviour is truly distasteful.

3. What will be sold at the sale?

Essentially cosmetics from older MAC collections and occasionally, limited edition items that resurface to enthrall all! ;) Like at an Estée Lauder private sale, the following will most likely be available:

• Seasonal items
  • Discontinued items
  • Soon-to-be-discontinued items
  • Some regular counter items
  • Regular counter items in older packaging
  • Gift sets

Sometimes, other brands under the Estée Lauder umbrella might pair up with MAC to offer items for sale.

4. Are there any limitations to the purchase of items?

In most of the past MAC private sales, everyone is limited to a maximum of three units per item and each person’s total purchase cannot exceed S$1,000.

Needless to say, no item purchased at the sale can be exchanged at or returned to department store counters. :P Do note that MAC, as well as Estée Lauder, has been known to track the serial numbers on the tickets to prevent purchase abuse.

5. What are the accepted payment methods?

Cash, NETS and credit cards (Visa/Mastercard) are accepted.

Posted in: beauty bargains | mac | makeup merry | makeup shopping

13 Responses to MAC Private Sale

1. Charmaine
    April 14, 2010 at 10:20 am

Hey there,
    would like to ask how many tickets business associates are usually given? I’m looking for tickets but no one seems to have any to spare T_T

April 14, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Hi Charmaine,

I have no idea. Ticket distribution is at the discretion of the company.

2. stickles
    April 14, 2010 at 10:26 am

I finally got a ticket this year! I’ll see you there :D

April 14, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Hey Stickles,

Great! I won’t be there though; have given my tickets to friends. :)

3. NisLetisha
    April 15, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Hi Mag,

I don’t know any friends of M.A.C fans that will be going for the private sale, but can anyone help me find and buy a M.A.C Lippie called “Way To Love”?

April 15, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Hi NisLetsha,

I won’t be going to the sale but I hope a reader can help you with your request! :)

4. NisLetisha
    April 15, 2010 at 11:27 pm

I’ve been searching for this color for quite sometime already. I read it on a magazine and went down to the stores to grab it. But a BA gave me the wrong info, thus I’ve missed the chance to buy.
    Can anyone who’s going for the private sale to help me look out and help me buy? Thanks so much!

5. Jessy
    April 23, 2010 at 4:11 pm

omg.i am sooo jealoussss! I didn’t know Singapore had such a thing! I thought only the US had a M.A.C warehouse sale. Btw,does anyone know if back 2 mac applies in Singapore where we return 6 empty containers(i think) and get an item in exchange for free?

April 24, 2010 at 12:20 am

Hi Jessy,

Yes, the B2M program still exists here. However, you can only exchange the containers for a lipstick from the regular range.

6. Lili
    June 21, 2010 at 6:53 am

hi how can i get any ticket i dont know any body who sale mac.. thanks

7. Shannon
    August 4, 2010 at 5:01 am

Hi There

Im looking for two tickets to next MAC Sale. Please contact me at cuteypie110@hotmail.com if you have tickets avaliable I WOULD LOVE TO GO I HAVE NEVER BEEN BEFORE :D

8. Amanda
    February 20, 2011 at 8:43 pm

5 tickets each to full time counter BAs & MAs. :) I went to the 2011 one, which was about 1 week plus ago. There was nothing much there this year, quite dissapointed :( and I reached there “late”, at 11 am (supposingly, they start at 10am)…. By the time I got there, almost all the MAC items were grabbed. Only left with the not-so-pouplar colors…. quite dissapointing, but there DKNY, CLINIQUE & ORIGINS was a steal ! :)

February 28, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Hi Amanda,

I think the sale items from the other EL brands are value for money too! :D