I am quite taken with this Neutrogena Hydro Boost visual: With the products suspended in water in an hourglass, the image nicely expresses the idea of hydration stemming the ravages of time.
According to Neutrogena:
Featuring its innovative Progressive Release System, Hydro Boost not only releases moisture steadily into skin for continuous all-day hydration but also addresses the root causes of inner skin dryness. Combining advanced hydrating elements that replenishes and repairs skin from within, Hydro Boost protects skin from the damaging effects of air-conditioning, late nights and the harsh rays of the sun, resulting in smoother, supple skin.
The unique formulation contains highly purified hyaluronic acid which absorbs up to 1,000 times its weight in water and releases it into skin steadily over time, and olive extract, derived from highly purified olive oil, which effectively rebuilds skin’s natural moisture shield, preventing moisture loss. Dermatologist tested, its oil-free and non-comedogenic formulation is also instantly absorbed into the skin and hydrates with a non-greasy feel.
I’m not sure about how moisture can be released or controlled epidermally but it’s good to know that there is a great humectant (hyaluronic acid) in the formula, as well as an emollient (olive oil) to seal in the water goodness. With its emphasis on water (which connotes lightness to me, where skincare is concerned), Hydro Boost seems suitable for humid climes.
Available at all leading personal care stores and pharmacies, the descriptions and prices of Neutrogena Hydro Boost products are as follows:
- Hydro Boost Clear Lotion – A toning/hydrating lotion that rebuilds the skin’s natural water shield. S$13.50
- Hydro Boost Essence – An intensive treatment that keeps the skin fully hydrated. S$16.90
- Hydro Boost Mask – A facial mask that has been clinically proven to boost the skin’s moisture level by fourteen times, while simultaneously preventing moisture loss. S$31.50
- Hydro Boost Mousse Cleanser – A gentle foaming cleanser that cleanses, soothes and softens. S$15.80
- Hydro Boost Water Gel – A gel that restores the skin’s moisture levels and imparts hydration that lasts up to twelve hours. S$20.90
If you’re a Watsons Card member, you will be given a 20% discount when you purchase any of these products from now till 21 April 2010. In addition, you will receive 40 bonus points (the equivalent of S$2).
Image sources: Neutrogena Singapore and Watsons Singapore
Posted in: beauty news | neutrogena | skincare