Red Earth Ocean Treasures Blushing and Highlighting Compacts

May 26, 2010

Click to enlarge!

I spotted these two shimmery face lovelies with a seaside/starfish motif when I was at Sasa earlier this week. From the Red Earth Summer 2010 collection, the striking embossed surfaces were quite a delight to behold. Perfect complements to the Marine Life compact from the MAC To The Beach collection, I couldn’t resist swatching the testers at the store. Only S$30 each, their smooth quality makes them the perfect blush/highlighter pair to kiss the cheeks for a soft-focus blush flush.

In keeping with the summer theme, the casing is bronze in colour. They look pretty but are fingerprint magnets, unfortunately. Although these compacts are assembled in Malaysia (no wonder they’re so affordable), their contents are entirely made in Italy – that fine country which produces many good beauty products, notably baked ones.

Red Earth Ocean Treasures Blushing Compact in Pink Horizon Sea Star is a light rose-pink paired with a brightening carnation pink. Its effect is somewhat similar to that of Canmake Cheek & Highlight in 01 Tea Rose Pink, only slightly warmer. Nevertheless, it still is a cool-toned blush.

Red Earth Ocean Treasures Highlighting Compact in Golden Sands Sea Star is indeed a highlighting product, despite the unusual brown hue in its colour pairing. The brown actually goes on quite lightly and would make a  subtle contour shade, while the shimmery beige is softly flattering on the face. Together, they make a beautiful neutral and natural highlighter. For me, this is the more unique item of the two.

Vogue China has amazing images of the entire Red Earth Ocean Treasures collection!

Image source: Central Pattana

Posted in: blushes | highlighters | red earth | summer makeup

16 Responses to Red Earth Ocean Treasures Blushing and Highlighting Compacts

1. May 26, 2010 at 9:27 am

i bought the pink starfish! haha cuz the blush is really pretty! i had wanted to get the brown one, but decided not to as i have plenty of brown n highlighters like tat~ but hm ur right, it’s quite a neutral shade of highlight/contour for the fairer skin girls :P

i might change my mind… LOL!

May 26, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Hey Plue,

Get the other one too! ;)

2. stickles
    May 26, 2010 at 11:00 am

Ooh, I saw these too and agree with you that the browner one is more unique. However, I can’t figure out if it’s too difficult to use the two shades separately.

May 26, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Hey Stickles,

Try using a smaller brush? The MAC 109 or even the 224 would be good with the brown surfaces.

3. Ramona
    May 26, 2010 at 12:52 pm

I saw these a couple weeks back and I was so tempted to get the blush though I have way too many blushes. The packaging reminds me a little bit of Lunasol’s bronze metallic packaging.

Now that I see them on your blog I am tempted once more, omg my fingers feel itchy to get them now LOL

May 26, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Hi Ramona,

Look at it this way – They’re rather affordable for such big pans! ;)

4. Lisa
    May 26, 2010 at 10:51 pm

I love these! Think I will probably use more of these than mac’s upcoming collection’s seahorse powder. Gonna check them out at sasa. Are the baked eye shadows also available? They look equally pretty in the photos.

May 27, 2010 at 12:46 am

Hi Lisa,

The baked shadows are available but I don’t know how much they cost.

5. Lisa
    May 28, 2010 at 7:43 pm

I went to Sasa this morning to buy this!! Came home straight and tried it on. I love it. Its a lovely pink! Thanks for sharing and posting this, Mag!
    Im trying hard to forget about the blue and bronze eye shadow. That is so lovely too but i’ve something similar already. The eyeshadows are $22 each.

May 30, 2010 at 1:12 am

Hi Lisa,

You’re very welcome. I’m glad you love the shade! :) I’m sure you can easily replicate the colours of the duo (I personally thought the tones could’ve been deeper). Think of the other things you could get with that S$22! ;)

6. Ferarri
    June 1, 2010 at 6:18 am

I have the pink star blush and I bought the pink Thriller potion and maybeline brown gel eyeliner in one go…cost me almost RM200. Well, the thriller potion looks like Pink Rebel Lustre Drops so may as well buy them together. I didnt buy the lovely teal and bronze eyeshadow after seeing the sample shattered while I tried to swatch it. I dont think the dome shape eye shadow will travel well. Anyway I have tons of bronze and teal eyeshadows which I could easily find a match.

The maybeline brown eyeliner is quite nice for those light makeup days too. Surprisingly, my black one is still useable after one year though I thought it would dry out.

No comments on the pink star as it is too beautiful to use! I will lose the gold overlay once I start using it….a real pity.

Anyone tried the Marine Life yet? Looks so pretty in coral and pink.

June 11, 2010 at 2:16 am

Hi Ferarri,

Thanks for reminding me about Thriller; I have that too! The eyeshadows aren’t as intense as I’d like them to be, so I didn’t buy any of them.

It’s great that your Maybelline liner has lasted so long.

The problem with pretty products is that very often, we are reluctant to use them. That’s ok though; we can collect makeup art. ;)

I’ve written about Marine Life. It is gorgeous! :)

7. June 1, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Oooh i bought the brown one and love it to bits! :)

June 3, 2010 at 1:23 am

Hi Nellz,

Enjoy that beautiful highlighter! :)

8. June 11, 2010 at 9:56 am

Mag, thanks for the heads up!!

June 12, 2010 at 1:34 am