A Small Canmake Haul

August 5, 2010

I have always liked the velvety texture of Canmake’s blush duos – I even finished one! – so I couldn’t help but be drawn to Cheek & Highlight in 09 Love Pink (S$17.50). Like the limited edition 05 Mandarin Gold, this latest addition to the range is very pigmented and shimmery (the others in the range are softer and semi-sheer). They aren’t travel-friendly though, so I don’t advise using them for touch-ups.

I also purchased the new Highlighter in 05 Baby Beige (S$14.90), a soft and neutral shade that adds subtle radiance to the face. According to Iris, these two products are part of the brand’s Summer 2010 collection.

Canmake’s packaging is not much to shout about but I do enjoy the products that I own from this affordable Japanese drugstore brand.

Posted in: blushes | canmake | highlighters | japanese brands

10 Responses to A Small Canmake Haul

1. stella
    August 5, 2010 at 8:05 am

why do u say they’re not travel friendly? they are compact and do fit well altho’ the brush is pretty bad, but i guess u can carry your own brush

2. milktea
    August 5, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I’m hunting for Canmake in Watson’s Malaysia or maybe I should check out Sasa. Wanna try out the cream cheek blush..

August 11, 2010 at 2:02 am

Hi Milktea,

They are quite good and value-for-money! Good luck! :D

3. Jean
    August 6, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Hi, was planning to buy a mac blush soon, what shade do you think is the best one? Really value your opinion. :)

August 11, 2010 at 2:05 am

Hi Jean,

That depends on your colour tone. If you’re cool, a good one to go for is Well Dressed. Otoh, I like Fleur Power for warm toned ladies!

4. June 23, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I love Canmake and I have quite a number of canmake products which I have blogged earlier. I am currently using my canmake blush duo and I really love its sheer formula. It does not make me look like I’m wearing make up to call attention. ;)

June 27, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Hi Jenny,

Canmake does blushes very, very well! :D

5. Thu
    October 23, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Hullo! Which of the 2 highlighters is more natural looking? THe baby beige one or the milky white one? I read somewhere that the baby beige one had a chalkier texture. is that true?

November 5, 2011 at 2:00 am

Hi Thu,

Definitely the beige one, if you have fair Asian skin. I like the white one (a gentle dusting) for the undereye area. The beige isn’t dusty or chalky on me.