Popular for its little problem solvers, feel-good products and instant beauty solutions, Benefit embarked on creating its B.right! Radiant skincare range with the determination to live up to its philosophy of fun and effective products.
Better known as a fake-it makeup brand, those sceptical of Benefit’s skincare know-how will be assured to know that the range was developed in the LVMH laboratories to effectively prep the skin for makeup, as well as provide epidermal benefits.
According to Eric Perrier, Executive Vice-President of Research at the LVMH labs, hydration equals naturally brighter and more youthful-looking skin, hence the range’s focus on hydration.
Available in Singapore in mid-May 2011, it promises to deliver an instant hydrating effect (for smooth makeup application) and long-term hydration (as a skincare asset). In addition, this cruelty-free skincare range contains a Triple Radiance Complex to promote radiance and luminosity.
I recently attended a B.Right! Radiance workshop and was able to try out the range. Below are my initial thoughts on each product:
- Foamingly Clean Facial Wash (S$39) – Although this foams up well, it isn’t drying like some foam cleansers.
- Refined Finish Facial Polish (S$40) – This face scrub is not only surprisingly comfy and soothing, my skin also looks smooth post-wash.
- Remove It Makeup Remover (S$39) – This is adequate for removing light-to-moderate makeup but cannot easily clean off waterproof makeup, despite its claim.
- Moisture Prep Toning Lotion (S$52) – A softener to prep the skin for the absorption of other skincare products, this sinks into my skin quite well.
- Triple Performing Facial Emulsion SPF 15 PA++ (S$50) – A light-weight moisturiser, this seems suited for day-time use. I would prefer the SPF value to be higher, though, so it can function as an adequate sunscreen as well.
- Total Moisture Facial Cream (S$70) – Containing squalene and mango butter, this is a rich moisturising cream that seems to have fine shimmer dispersed within its contents.
- It’s Potent! Eye Cream (S$60) – A smooth and lightweight eye cream that is Perrier’s favourite because it removes dark circles and puffiness, it is also favoured by several makeup artists in the States because eye makeup goes on well over it. I like its feel; it absorbs nicely into my skin without leaving any residue and it seems to minimise the appearance of my fine lines.
- Ultra Radiance Facial Re-hydrating Mist (S$43) – This facial mist has a lovely nozzle that dispenses its contents so evenly that it doesn’t mess up my makeup. I also like the sensation and scent of the light cloud. According to Benefit Singapore, the founders of Benefit were very particular about the pump of this product because they were aware of its impact on makeup. This refreshing pick-me-up contains white and blue lotus extracts to combat stress.
These products have a refreshing scent reminiscent of a fresh-cut melon (not in the ingredients!) and hints of jasmine, lotus and cucumber. Methinks they ought to bottle the relaxing scent and sell it! ;)
According to Benefit, the face cream, emulsion and eye cream are the 3 best-selling products of the range in the US.
Inspired by the Californian coast, this brightening range is packaged in jars, bottles and tubes that are coloured a seagrass green. Almost all are sealed with caps/lids in a hydrographic material to mimic the look of cork for a pseudo-organic appearance.
If Benefit’s intention is to convey a sense of relaxation with soothing salves, I think it has won in this area of perception, thanks to the visual and olfactory impact of B.right! ;)
Image source: Benefit Singapore
Posted in: beauty news | benefit | first impressions | skincare