Rowntree’s Pick & Mix

November 28, 2011

While we were at Watsons yesterday, my husband saw this Rowntree’s treat and couldn’t resist picking it up.

Containing an assortment of Rowntree’s Fruit Pastilles, Fruit Gums and Tooty Frooties, this candy box houses chewy and juicy dental-danger sweets!

I used to love Rowntree’s Jelly Tots but ever since Nestlé took over the brand, they became harder to find here and are no longer available in Singapore today.

I’m glad they haven’t discontinued the Fruit Pastilles, although they’re now known as FruTips here and are produced in Asia. I believe the ones in the Pick & Mix box are from the UK.

Childhood candies can bring back happy memories; I’m glad many of the ones I’ve grown up with are still around. I still miss Jelly Tots, though!

Image sources: Nestlé Singapore and Wikipedia

Posted in: colours | other musings | watsons

10 Responses to Rowntree’s Pick & Mix

1. deboarh
    November 28, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I heard jelly tots are available @ mustafa

November 29, 2011 at 12:23 am

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for letting me know! I look for them there. :)

2. Kas
    November 29, 2011 at 5:39 pm

@ Deboarh – yep, I’ve seen them at Mustafa too; Mustafa has allllll kinds of things; like Horlicks and Nestle Hot Choc that’s manufactured in Dublin! Just wished they were a little more consistent – sometimes I go back and can’t find the product again!

Mag, speaking of childhood memories, I used to LOVE those Cadbury Mini Eggs! That yellow packet of the Jelly Tots reminded me of those. Those Mini Eggs are now sooo hard to come by – solid solid chocolate. Sads :(

November 30, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Hey Kas,

I enjoy supermarket shopping at Mustafa; so many interesting products to explore. :) Are those eggies no longer available? How about during Easter?

3. Sam
    December 3, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I loved Jelly Tots! Think I shall have to get a haul from Mustafa, they’re not Down Under any more :(

December 7, 2011 at 1:24 am

Hi Sam,

Aww, sorry they’re no longer available in Oz.

Mustafa is a wonderful place for grocery shopping; I love stumbling upon interesting foods there!

4. jy
    December 6, 2011 at 8:50 am

oooo i miss the frutips fruit gums… love it! so sad it isnt available now! shall pick up this box of candy soon! i like the jelly tots too!

December 7, 2011 at 1:21 am

Hi JY,

They’re too chewy for me; I’ve always preferred the fruit pastilles, hehe! I found a box of Nestle holiday candies with Jelly Tots in it when I was at NTUC yesterday. You can see its photo on Twitter. :)

5. Viv
    November 26, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I saw them at Watsons, Vivocity a few days ago. Christmas Special 130g tube at 4 bucks each.

November 26, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Hi Viv,

Thank you for the info! :) That’s cheap!