Lancôme Maqui Blanc Miracle Compact Crystal Brightening Creator SPF 35 PA+++

April 19, 2012

The Japanese have a knack for creating powders with refined textures and this really shows in Lancôme’s latest slew of Made-in-Japan foundation compacts which I’m enjoying.

Here’s Lancôme Maqui Blanc Miracle, the brand’s latest powder foundation – a revamped version of last year’s Maqui Miracle.

The difference? The inclusion of a purple ‘liquid light essence’ pigment – which joins the pink and blue optic pigments that are the basis of the brand’s Aura-Inside™ technology – to counter sallowness.

In addition, it has salicylic acid for pore refinement and is formulated with Lancôme Blanc Expert active skincare ingredients such as rose and mint extracts, as well as lotus extract for its moisturising and antioxidant properties. It’s also lighter in texture.

In Singapore, the pan refill of this powder foundation retails at S$65, while the limited edition rose blossom case is S$27. The regular compact also retails at the same price.

Like its predecessor, this compact comes with a dual-sided sponge – one velvety and the other silky – to create a seamless finish. According to the brand, this sponge is so popular that ladies have gone down to the counters demanding to purchase it, only to be told it’s not for sale and berating the Lancôme beauty advisors for that unfavourable reply!

Thankfully, it’s now readily available and retails at a mere S$3. I can just hear the collective gasps of relief from the customers…and the Lancôme BAs. ;)

Anyway, here are two interesting videos to share with you, demonstrating the powder foundation’s anti-sebum and water-resistant properties.

The results are quite dramatic, if you ask me but what I really want to know is: What the heck is Brand X?!

Image and video source: Lancôme Singapore

Posted in: beauty news | lancome | powder foundation

20 Responses to Lancôme Maqui Blanc Miracle Compact Crystal Brightening Creator SPF 35 PA+++

1. April 19, 2012 at 8:45 am

Impressive, I’ve heard so much about it, japanese ladies are very much going crazy for it too.
    Been meaning to get this, since my Kanebo Compact is ending this is a perfect opportunity :D

thanks for the info :)!

April 19, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Hello Moni!

I hope you like it. It has more coverage than Teint Miracle compact (which has an awesome glowy effect but is light in coverage), so I can understand why it appeals to many women.

2. Sam
    April 19, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Love the rose blossom case! It’s so pretty.

April 19, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Hey Sam,

The case reminds me of stencil prints.

PS: Get well soon, ok? :)

3. April 20, 2012 at 10:24 am

Wow Evonne was telling me about this new compact which has SPF35, so this must be the one!

Is it meant to be used as a base? Or over foundation to set it?

April 21, 2012 at 2:43 am

Hi Seishouai,

It’s a powder foundation (2-way cake type), so you can use it on its own. However, you can use it over liquid foundation, as a setting powder/for more coverage. :)

4. Alicia
    April 21, 2012 at 2:14 am

So tempting, but I have so many powders on hand that are half used or barely used!

April 21, 2012 at 2:44 am

Hi Alicia,

I believe it’s permanent to the base makeup range, so you can take your time. ;)

5. April 21, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Thanks!!! I went to check it out at the Lancome counter yesterday aftternoon… the SA matched me to my shade too. I’ll get it at duty free later next week when I travel.

April 23, 2012 at 12:17 am

Hello Seishouai,

Yay on getting matched right. Hope you like it. :)

6. Alicia
    April 22, 2012 at 12:01 am

yeahh, that’s true!! anyways, did you try the powder out yourself?what kind of coverage can it offer?

April 23, 2012 at 12:20 am

Hey Alicia,

I haven’t tried it yet but will update when I do. It gives more coverage that Teint Miracle compact, from what I hear.

7. Germs
    April 22, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Oh this looks perfect for those humid days under the sun! Does this give a glowy or matte finish?

April 23, 2012 at 12:20 am

Hi Germs,

I haven’t tried it yet but I’m guessing it’s a little glowy like Teint Miracle as it has the Aura-Inside ingredients (which I love!).

8. sheryltoh
    April 25, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I was wondering if this product is suitable for acne-prone skin? i have very sensitive skin and have alot of redness and new pimple growing still.. :( does this suits me?

very tempted to buy, but shall do some research on it first. mind sharing the ingredient list too? thanks!

April 26, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Hi Sheryl,

I’m not sure – perhaps you could ask the Lancome people via their FB page. I haven’t looked at the ingredient list.

9. Jolie
    July 23, 2012 at 5:56 pm

As compared to Shu Uemura compact powder , which one is more suitable for blemish skin? Will this lancome compact give cakey effect? Does it give hydration to skin?

July 24, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Hi Jolie,

I haven’t tried the Shu compact, so I can’t compare. The Lancome doesn’t cake on me. It’s not exactly hydrating (it’s a powder, after all) but it isn’t drying on me.

10. Nancy
    March 10, 2013 at 8:46 am

I really like this. Somebody steal make up. I’m in Toronto, Canada. Where can I order this?

March 12, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Hi Nancy,

I’m not sure, sorry. This is an Asian-exclusive, from what I know.