I was able to collect my Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland palette today, thanks to Sephora’s early release for those who had attended the Eric Jimenez Master Class and reserved it. Just look at the whimsical teaware images, an allusion to the crazy tea-party that Alice attends in the book.
Two pretty Sephora Ion Orchard beauty advisors pronounced that I was the first to receive this gorgeous palette here. This photo was taken on the spot at the Sephora counters. Yes, I’m makeup-mad! ;)
Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
With smiles worthy of the Cheshire Cat, the staff prompted me to open it. Amidst the ooh-ing and aah-ing, they talked about the palette and its exclusivity. Here’s all the info you need to know about UD’s AiW BoS’s release in Singapore:
- Only 400 pieces of this much-coveted palette remain worldwide and they’re all here! ETA: Apparently, only 240 pieces came in.
- The waiting list is long (the Sephora BAs flashed the list at me, remarking wistfully that I was very lucky to get hold of one).
- Each customer is only allowed one piece. Even the Sephora BAs have to pay full price for the palette, should they want it. The palettes are now prominently displayed on the shelves though – not kept in the back – so it should be easy to snag another piece.
- The palette is priced at S$88 here.
- If you attended the Urban Decay Master Class, you receive reservation priority. The palette wasn’t available during the Friday class I attended. However, if you weren’t able to reserve it during this class or the Saturday one, call Sephora; the store will happily accommodate you.
- You will receive a call from Sephora informing you of its arrival. Make payment within three days to receive your item.
- The palette is officially available at Sephora on Friday, 26 February 2010.
- You may call the store to request an early collection but they may or may not release it for sale before Friday.
- The numbers to call are +65 6509 8255 (Sephora Ion Orchard) and +65 6836 5622 (Sephora Ngee Ann City).
This beautifully-designed palette contains:
- Miniature versions of 24/7 Eye Pencils in Zero and Flipside
- A miniature version of Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- 16 Urban Decay eyeshadows renamed for this special edition product (sans one, which retains its name – Mushroom)
Sorry, you’re much too big. Simply impassible. Click to enlarge!
From left to right, top row to bottom row, they are:
- Underland (Flash)
- Alice (Painkiller)
- Oraculum (Baked)
- Queen (Last Call)
- Chessur (Chopper)
- White Rabbit (Polyester Bride)
- Wonderland (Maui Wowie)
- Curiouser (Grifter)
- Muchness (X)
- Mushroom (Mushroom)
- Midnight Tea Party (Midnight Cowboy Rides Again)
- Vorpal (S&M)
- Absolem (Homegrown)
- Drink Me, Eat Me (Sin)
- Mad Hatter (Twice Baked)
- Jabberwocky (Oil Slick)
I’ve since realised that I do own some of the shadows but the lovely pop-up/pop-out illustrations and the Wonderland motifs that adorn the box are so adorable that it does not matter (not to mention the fact that this is true value for money, thanks to the included minis).
Good luck! I hope this rabbit hole leads you to Alice and many beautiful adventures in makeup wonderland!
Image source: Urban Decay
Posted in: beauty news | eyeshadow palettes | urban decay