Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

March 3, 2010

Spotted at Sephora Singapore: Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder…

…which looks exactly like Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation!

The grater mechanism, as well as the black matte finish casing, is the same. However, their prices are very different – the Smashbox is S$105, while the Elizabeth Arden is S$58. :P I did not try the Smashbox powder on my face but initial swatches revealed texture similarities with the Elizabeth Arden version.

Image sources: Smashbox and Macy’s

Posted in: elizabeth arden | genius gadgets | mineral powders | smashbox

8 Responses to Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

1. TheUndercoverGypsy
    March 3, 2010 at 7:54 am

Hey Mag,
    Both of these look fascinating! Very reminiscent of Clinique’s foray into the pressed mineral foundation with shaver, aren’t they? I haven’t wandered into the realm of mineral foundations yet and the EA one looks like a good place to start.

March 3, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Hey TUG,

The EA one is very good. I was surprised that I would like it so much! :)

2. March 3, 2010 at 8:29 am

Yeah, EA was the first thing that pops to mind! I wonder if the brush is the same; the EA brush is super cute :)

March 3, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Ah but the black Smashbox brush looks classy too, AG! ;)

3. sizbelle
    March 3, 2010 at 10:35 am

I have the smashbox one from US. It’s pretty good when I first try it last year. Seems like it got neglected somehow. Thanks for ur post as this reminds me there is a treasure hiding beneath my piling makeup..

March 3, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Oh Sizbelle, lucky you! I hope you enjoy your rediscovery!

4. jac
    March 3, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Is the elizabeth arden version good for dry skin?

March 3, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Hi Jac,

My skin isn’t dry (it veers towards oily as the day progresses), so I might not be able to give you a proper answer. That said, this powder doesn’t seem drying at all (no chalkiness upon application or enhanced lines). Why not try it at the counter to find out?