Skin79 BB Creams in Singapore

April 8, 2010

Exclusively available at Watsons, this much-lauded Korean BB cream brand has finally landed on our shores. While ‘BB’ commonly stands for ‘Blemish Balm’, Skin79 distinguishes itself from other BB creams with its different and somewhat confounding definition – ‘Beblesh Balm’. It’s smart marketing on their part though; after all, Beblesh Balm can only refer to Skin79, setting it apart from other brands with BB creams. I can only think of Banila Co.’s ‘Let Me BeBe’ as another example of a variation on BB cream-naming…quite a clever one too, I might add.

More on Skin79 soon! ;)

Image source: Skin79 Singapore

Posted in: bb creams | korean brands | skin79 | watsons

8 Responses to Skin79 BB Creams in Singapore

1. Dark
    August 10, 2010 at 4:00 pm

do you have any idea if skin79′s SPF range contains active ingredients? apparently its possible for creams to claim SPF but not have active ingredients, so it totally fails as a sunblock!

August 23, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Hi Dark,

Here’s what I found out from Skin79:

“SKIN79′s SPF claims are all certified by the KFDA (Korean Food & Drug Administration), which regulates cosmetic products in Korea. KFDA would ensure that the product does have the active ingredients that provide the specified level of UV protection before certifying it.”

The main ingredients that provide effective sun protection in Skin79 products are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. An active ingredient that also helps with sun protection is tocopheryl acetate.

2. Dark
    August 24, 2010 at 7:40 am

thanks! <3

did you email them or something? i couldnt find anything over google XD

August 25, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Hi Dark,

Yes, I emailed Skin79 regarding this. :)

3. Hazirah
    October 27, 2010 at 9:11 am

how to know which is suitable for our skin type?

October 28, 2010 at 12:41 am

Hi Hazirah,

They have a chart (I believe it’s in this post too). Alternatively, you could consult them on their Facebook page.

4. Jess
    June 12, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Where can I buy skin 79 bb cream in Singapore ?
    I have try many store in Watson but can’t find it anymore .

June 13, 2013 at 2:29 am

Hi Jess,

I’d no idea it’s no longer available at Watsons. I shall check with the brand. Thanks for alerting me to this!