To commemorate Earth Day (22 April), Tangs departmental store is offering a S$5 shopping voucher in exchange for every empty/used cosmetic container you give them.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- This promotion lasts from 22 to 25 April 2010.
- The receptacles can come from any brand.
- There is no limit to the number of empties you give the store.
- Only perfume bottles and face product containers (for eg: jars/tubes/bottles/compacts of makeup, facial masks, eye creams, face moisturisers, toners) are eligible.
- Exchange the containers for the vouchers at the Tangs customer service counter (Level 2 at Tangs Orchard and Level 1 at Tangs VivoCity).
- The vouchers can only be used to purchase beauty items at the Tangs Beauty Hall department of Tangs Orchard and Tangs VivoCity.
- Each voucher can only be used to offset the price of one item; the vouchers cannot be combined.
- The vouchers cannot be combined with other promotional vouchers.
- The vouchers are valid till 31 May 2010.
I consistently put items in the recycling bins near my home. Despite that, I managed to find quite a few empties (I’d forgotten about most of them):
- A Kanebo T’estimo eyeshadow case (Color Eyes N in WT-08)
- A Flirt cream shadow pot
- Two MAC pots (Cream Colour Base in Fuchsia Perfect and Eyeshadow in Quicktone Tan)
- A MAC lipstick tube (MAC Frost Lipstick in Hyper)
- A MAC Fix+ spray bottle from way back
- A MAC Charged Waters spray bottle
- Two Fasio mascara tubes
- A Sage Smoothing Cream pot
- An Origins mint scrub tube, an item from an Emakemeup gift exchange
- A Daiso charcoal cold cream cleanser tube
- A Shiseido Pieds Nus glitter mascara tube from eons ago
- A Canmake blush case (Cheek & Highlight in 01 Tea Rose Pink)
- A Lancôme compact named Pinkadelic
Although I could’ve kept the MAC empties for the Back2MAC program (6 primary packaging containers in exchange for one lipstick), the brand only allows redemption of lipsticks from the regular range. They used to allow B2M exchanges for lipsticks from newer/limited edition collections but not any more. I figured I might as well use the vouchers to offset future MAC purchases. ;)
I eventually received fifteen vouchers. :) They might seem paltry, compared to the S$10 beauty vouchers that were issued last year; however, under the 2009 recycling program, only Citibank Card members could participate and there were limits to the number of items one could exchange, the brands of the empties (they had to come from brands that are available at Tangs Beauty Hall, I believe) and the brands the vouchers could be used on. The rules are certainly more relaxed this year.
Other eco-promotions at Tangs:
- Receive a S$30 Tangs beauty voucher for every SK-II Facial Treatment Essence bottle (150 ml or 215 ml) you return.
- Receive an Origins skincare sample of your choice when you return your empty cosmetic containers of any brand) to the Origins counter at Tangs VivoCity.
Image source: Tangs Singapore