Shiseido Singapore recently gave me five Maquillage Little Glossy Nail polishes to try. When I first saw them, I was in turn charmed by their faceted glass bottles and taken with their interesting shades.
One would think that it would be hard to be captivated by nail lacquers these days, given the affordability – my Nature Republic nail polish hauls come to mind as I type this – and sheer variety of nail colours available in Singapore. However, these little lovelies are not only in a good size that minimises wastage (3.7 ml), they have some surprisingly striking colours and good textures (I love that the fine glitter go on and layer well).
I received Maquillage Little Glossy Nail in:
- 1 – A translucent base with holographic glitter. Depending on where the light hits, the glitter throws off different colours. Its multi-coloured nature makes it an excellent overcoat for prismatic nails!
- 81 – A gorgeous blue grey with multi-coloured glitter. I love this one! It is lovely on its own and over other cool-toned hues.
- PK208 – A neutral pale pink with subtle reflective red-pink shimmer. Very pretty for everyday wear.
- PK223 – A sweet fuchsia-rose with multi-coloured glitter. I think this would be beautiful over red, pink and gold bases.
- BK937 – A stunning midnight blue, almost black, infused with blue-green shimmer. It was the first one that I tried and am pleased that that this dark polish applies smoothly and easily reaches opacity with two coats.
These cute little polishes prove that good things come in small packages! ;)
I wasn’t able to take photos in the sunlight (best for nail pics) but I did manage a passable photo of BK937 topped with the holographic glitter of 1. I am bowled over by the incredible resulting effect: With multi-coloured sparkles strewn over the dark base, it reminds me of a black opal. The blue, green and gold glitter show up really prominently, adding to that effect.
According to a Shiseido beauty advisor, these petite polishes will most likely retail at S$8. I was also told that they should be available at the counters by the end of this month. Iris has nice photos of these polishes, as does Sara. The three of us received different sets, so you should check out the other shades available in this limited edition range. ;)
Posted in: japanese brands | maquillage | nails | shiseido