It also helped that S$100 spent in a month entitles one to a Nature Republic membership in which a 10% discount is given for all future purchases. Although it chafed a little that the qualifying amount used to be S$50, it was a good excuse for me to buy more. ;) So I set out to top up the amount I’d already spent on my last purchase. I was a little concerned though, when the beauty advisor pronounced that the store was losing money – this doesn’t bode well, surely? Don’t close down before I’ve used my discount to buy lots! :P
- Prism Star Dot Shadow in 01 White (S$8.40)
- Color Deco Nail in GR605 (S$1.90) (a gift for a friend)
- Color Deco Nail in BK002 (S$1.90)
- Color Deco Nail in PP408 (S$1.90)
This shadow reminded me of the ones íPSA came out with a long time ago. This technology is by no means new now but I fondly remember íPSA being one of the first brands to introduce coloured dots in makeup pans. Pointillism in makeup art – albeit often without an intended image – is so pretty. ♥
Contrary to what one might expect, the medley of colours in this shadow combine to form a beautiful silvery grey shade that makes a subdued highlighter. Blended with cool accent colours, this eyeshadow imparts a somewhat ethereal appearance.
BK002 is a pretty pewter, a shade that I really love. Like Prism Star Eye Shadow in BK904 Golden Gray (the shadow I’d bought earlier), it reminded me at once of Benefit Skinny Jeans and Stars Makeup Haven Metro but its stronger grey tones with hints of gold would actually be a perfect complement to BK904.
Interestingly, this semi-metallic polish dries almost-matte. It seems like a good alternative to MAC Studded from the Riveting collection, only more complex – BK002 not only has gold tones, it also has fine multi-coloured shimmer dispersed throughout the polish. It’ll be great for the current grey polish trend. ;)
Purple lovers will enjoy this violet varnish. You can’t really tell from the photo but PK408 is laced with silver shimmer. The silvery swirls, together with hints of other colours in the microshimmer, add interest to the polish. Unlike the sheerer GR605, this nail lacquer is more opaque and needs only two coats to show up well.
I also purchased some skin-pampering goodies:
- Peace of Foot & Heel Cooling Massage Foot Mask (S$5.70) – The image of reflexology points makes this mask look promising. I’m also partial to minty sensations.
- Tailor Made Formula Neck Lift Mask Patch (S$3.80) – I’ve deep neck lines that need more care. :(
- Tailor Made Formula Ice Cooling Eye-Patch (S$3.80) – These are welcome aid for my eyebags.
- 3 Maison de Oriental Esthe sheet masks (S$3.80 each) – One of them heats up upon application; can’t wait to try it!
- Aqua Collagen Solution Marine Hydrogel Eye Patch (S$4.60) – Very cool plastic packaging and cheaper than it looks.
- Tailor Made Formula Spot Line Relief Patch (S$3.80) – My nasal-labial fold lines need all the help they can get!
- Fresh Vegetable Essence Mask in Aloe & Cucumber (S$2.80) – The promised soothing and cooling properties made me grab this in an instant.
Overall, this was a very satisfying haul indeed! :D
Image source: Nature Republic Singapore