I was given a preview of Shiseido Aqualabel today and had a pleasant time exploring the line, learning more about the products and playing with them.
Among other things, I learnt that:
- The brand is known as Aqualabel 水之印 (shuǐ zhī yìn) in Taiwan, Hong Kong and China. Translated, the words mean ‘water imprint’ (how pretty-sounding).
- If you email firstname.lastname@example.org with skincare queries, you will receive a reply from Aqualabel SG within 24 hours. A nice service for a drugstore brand!
- The brand has a Facebook page where members can interact with the people at Aqualabel SG, as well as share skincare tips and learn more about Aqualabel.
- Unlike some other Japanese skincare brands, the line is entirely made in and imported from Japan.
- The line has ingredients that can be found in higher-end Shiseido products, so we’re getting prestige products at masstige prices! :)
- The products look as good as they do in the press photos. I really like the understated beauty of the packaging.
- The White Clear Foam has lovely grains that feel wonderful to touch! I revelled in it for a while because it’s not easy to find exfoliating facial cleansers with good scrubby bits.
- The Aqualabel makeup goes on well over the brand’s skincare products, including the brand’s sunscreens. I don’t have a photo of the sunscreens but I really like their smooth texture. They are also non-sticky (they actually remind me of Anessa). I’ll definitely be trying them once the stocks arrive!
- The line has specific serums for different parts of the face. Besides a general one for use all over the face, there are individual ones for saggy cheeks, open pores and the eyes (I want!).
- The anti-acne range has three products to target acne but it can be used in conjunction with other products from the other two ranges. They also contain comedone-fighting ingredients found in Ettusais products.
- The line carries a soft rose scent that is pleasant and subtle. According to Shiseido, it has been proven that aromatherapy improves the skin’s barrier function.
- The anti-aging line will be arriving on our shores next year! *YAY*
Attend the soft launch at Tampines Mall Atrium (21 – 27 June 2010) and receive a free 45-minute Aqualabel facial from Shiseido worth S$45, with every S$30 spent. Join the Facebook page and you will receive an additional facial free of charge! ;)
Posted in: aqualabel | beauty bargains | beauty news | japanese brands | shiseido