The Body Shop Autumn Leaves Cheek & Face Powder in Berry

August 16, 2010

Given my penchant for pretty makeup, I couldn’t say no to this exquisite compact. With its copious shimmer and season-specific form, this baked beauty reminds me of the summer offerings from MAC and Red Earth this year.

Made in Italy, this limited edition compact weighs a substantial 9 g. At only S$32.90 (or less, if you have The Body Shop card), it is a lemming for a makeup collector. I love the embossment: the different hues and sizes of the maple leaves make them seem like falling autumn leaves. The best thing? The shimmer on the leaves lasts and isn’t merely an overspray.

The finish is reminiscent of some of MAC’s Mineralized Skin Finishes – it carries a touch of frostiness and it imparts a definite glow to the cheeks. More specifically, it reminds me of MAC MSF in Petticoat in shade. It was quite pigmented when I swatched it at the store, so I’d say it works best with a skunk brush.

Part of Smoke & Fire, The Body Shop’s Autumn 2010 collection, Berry has a warmer, bronzier counterpart: Chestnut. Iris has written about both compacts, so do read her post to find out more.

Posted in: autumn makeup | baked makeup | blushes | the body shop

9 Responses to The Body Shop Autumn Leaves Cheek & Face Powder in Berry

1. August 16, 2010 at 11:33 am

Same thoughts exactly! I blogged about it a few days ago too! Really gorgeous! My friend, Fatin swatches and said chestnut looks like cheeky bronze! :)

August 16, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Hi Rusty,

They are stunning to look at and swatch very well. :)

2. August 16, 2010 at 11:43 am

WOW! the color looks different in both the photos. it looked a little more matte in the first photo. (which i’d prefer) but it’s still gorgeous! i may have to pick it up too!

August 16, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Hi Hannah,

I thought the same thing when I saw my pics! ;)

3. August 16, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Wanted to pop by TBS to check this but forgot!!! I saw the mineralize powder from Revlon, they feel so creamy on my hands.

August 19, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Hi Farah,

I haven’t looked at the Revlon powders but I understand makeup detours! ;)

4. TheUndercoverGypsy
    August 17, 2010 at 11:50 am

TBS seems to have upped their ante in terms of their baked powder compacts this year, haven’t they? I was drooling over the baked bronzers just a couple of months ago…lol…..I’m glad to hear they perform well too, in terms of showing up on skin and not turning us into greaseballs….. :D

Thanks for the rec, Mag.

August 19, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Hi TUG,

Exactly. I was pretty amazed by the quality and beauty of the compacts. The black kajal liner wears well too! ;)

5. August 19, 2010 at 3:25 pm