Kesalan Patharan Face Color N in 003

September 2, 2010

And while I’m channelling Kesalan Patharan, here’s a lovely eyeshadow single that I own from the brand. See how exquisite the packaging is? I love the boxes the shadows come in – they are printed with pretty flowers and have an expensive sheen to them. The shadow pots are special too; they may not be flashy or ornate but they have a mosaic feel to them, especially when they are placed with one another. Their simplicity also sets off the colour and texture of the product inside.

The embossment on the surface of the shadow is typical of many Kesalan Patharan products. I vividly remember my heart leaping many a time in the past when I laid eyes on KP makeup lovelies with beautiful detailing.

KP was one of the first Japanese brands to reel me into the world of fine beauty and high-quality makeup. I miss the brand and wish that it would return to Singapore. Unfortunately, the sad truth is that our local market couldn’t sustain this small niche brand when it was here. Here’s hoping that the growing beauty discernment of Singaporeans will bring it back some day.

Posted in: eyeshadows | japanese brands | kesalan patharan | makeup merry

9 Responses to Kesalan Patharan Face Color N in 003

1. September 2, 2010 at 4:27 am

Cute package and so nice color

September 2, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Hi Dhini,

The colour is a great neutral. :)

2. September 2, 2010 at 8:52 am

yup, it’s really a pity that we miss out on so many of the great brands because we are too small:( I love these pretty little products

September 2, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Hi MasterofBoots,

Things are changing though and we’re seeing more niche brands being sold in Singapore. Hopefully, more will arrive! :)

3. SL
    September 2, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Hi, I am new to your blog but I do like to read your inputs.
    Just wanted to tell you that I am also a fan of Kesalan Patharan, in fact that was the brand which intro me to makeup… heheh

I love their eyeshadow and loose powder, and yes, I was indeed v sad that they pull out of the Singapore market.
    Now I have to haul my loose powder stock from HK. Sigh

September 3, 2010 at 12:07 am

Hi SL!

I love the Sheer Micro Loose Powder too. They even had shimmery versions! Sigh…it’s so sad that KP is no longer easily accessible to us. :(

4. September 2, 2010 at 10:47 pm

I know there is a KP above Covermark @ the midlevels in HKG but I don’t know if it’s just a salon of sorts. I shld hv asked the Covermark SA. I would love to see what they hv now.

September 3, 2010 at 12:09 am

Hi Farah,

Thanks for the HK location. Now, if only I could travel! :D KP and Covermark were under the same management here. I wonder if it’s the same in Hong Kong.

5. September 3, 2010 at 6:37 pm

It should be since they seem to be sharing the location. :)