Etude House Sweet Eye Cupcakes and Over The Rain Blushers

October 9, 2010

I spotted two new products yesterday at the newly-opened Etude House store at Wisma Atria. Despite its elevated prices here, the brand must be doing well in Singapore – besides this new store, there will also be one at Parkway Parade soon, to join the existing ones at Plaza Singapura, Ion Orchard, City Link Mall, Suntec City Mall, Tampines Mall. I guess some of the prices of their products are still fairly reasonable, if we don’t compare them to the original retail prices that are much lower in South Korea.

The Sweet Eye Cupcake baked shadow duos (S$19.90) look like trinkets and remind me of the discontinued Body & Soul Eye Shadow tins, albeit cuter. The shadows are too dry for my liking and the colours didn’t interest me. I headed straight for the pewter duo (of course!) but the colours didn’t swatch well.

The LuciDarling Over The Rain Blushers (S$38.90) made me smile with their pretty patterned print and packaging – how cute are the rainbow arcs and the little cloud? (they’d be perfect for the Cutie Care Bears gwp rainbow/cloud pouch!). I also like the little touch of a ribbon at the edge of the compact.

They are mostly frosty, like the Peach Beam  Blushers. The pink one is quite pleasant in tone and goes well with the pastel highlighter compact. They seem more suited for adding radiance than for blushing though. Would you believe this only costs about S$18 (₩15,000) in Korea?! I’d buy them all in a flash if I were there!

Posted in: blushes | cute! | etude house | eyeshadows | highlighters | korean brands

16 Responses to Etude House Sweet Eye Cupcakes and Over The Rain Blushers

1. October 9, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Those are gorgeous! Such darling cute packaging! I love the look of the blushers too.

thanks for the post

x
    jeanie

October 10, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Hi Jeanie,

Yes, they’re really lovely to look at! :D

2. October 10, 2010 at 12:31 am

I was there today but did not have a chance to look around much. The baked e/s looks really nice esp that dark brown/taupe(?) shade.

October 10, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Hey Farah,

They’re cute but I think you’d prefer something more sophisticated? ;) The baked shadows don’t swatch well, sadly.

3. October 10, 2010 at 2:17 am

The actual make up is really cute, but i’m not sure about that price tag. :-/

October 10, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Hi Lauren,

I echo your sentiments!

4. October 10, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Oh gosh, this is uberrrrrrr cuteee!! And yeah, the blushers is too ex!! Rather get someone to buy from korea or taiwan.. Things in sg is just so ex!!~ =(
    No wonder their sales are not so good..

October 10, 2010 at 11:15 pm

Hi Miwitch,

The prices aren’t as pretty as the compacts. :P I’m not sure about their takings (they now have five stores) but the outlets are usually empty whenever I pass them in the day time.

5. October 10, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Ya, i realised that too.. nowadays their stores arent as packed as last time unless they have sales. I think all the korean beauty stores should try to revise their product prices already, otherwise everyone’s just going to join spree or ask friends purchase from the korea.. =\
    More like, everyone who knows how to shop online will make use of the store testers to swatch and to decide what to buy from online. hahax..

October 14, 2010 at 1:51 am

Hello Miwitch,

What you’ve said is so true! They really need to lower their price points, else they’ll only be sending potential customers to cheaper sources. I’m a little leery of blogshops that sell Korean makeup though – I’ve heard horror stories of fakes!

6. pink satin
    October 12, 2010 at 12:51 pm

theres also another outlet at tampines one

October 14, 2010 at 1:48 am

Hi Pink Satin,

There’s another store opening in Parkway Parade too! Thanks for the info; will amend my post. :)

7. October 13, 2010 at 12:51 am

Yeah Mag! Indeed they don’t swatch well. I do like cute stuff all the same tho not for long? :P

October 14, 2010 at 1:47 am

Hi Farah,

I thought they were ok but not quite worth the price! :P They’re SO cute to look at though!

8. October 14, 2010 at 3:15 am

Oh ya fakes, you remind me of it~ I guess every buyer have to sacrifice a certain percentage of risks to get cheaper products online.
    BTW new etude house opened at wisma just diagonally opposite of faceshop! I have to say even though their shop interior really attracts, but again I see only a few people inside. So sad isn’t it..

October 14, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Hi Miwitch,

Yes – as I’ve mention in this post, it was where I saw these products. ;) The store looks really cute but like you say, quite empty.