Traditionally held on 14 March (a month after 14 February), White Day sees women receiving love tokens from their beaus. In the same vein, Shiseido hopes to give the gift of radiant skin to women. ;) I thought it was brilliant of the company to laud its whitening range on this special day, given the name and the idea of pampering.
The celebrations are taking place Asia-wide, in a concerted effort by the brand to mark this special day.
A cheery pink and white bus decorated with balloons in Hong Kong
A futuristic whitening capsule in Taiwan
A mobile lab in Malaysia
The faces of Shiseido White Lucent in East Asia:
Choi Ji Won (South Korea)
Fala Chen (Hong Kong)
Chiaki Kuriyama (Japan)
In Singapore, Shiseido White Day highlights include:
- Shiseido White Day ‘airport terminals’ located at Tang Plaza Promenade (outside Tangs), in line with the whitening journey concept!
I was quite amused by the cute icon of Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum, the star item of the range that has been a consistent best-seller.
- The introduction of White Lucent Brightening Spot Control Base UV and White Lucent Brightening Spot Control Foundation, which include the active whitening ingredients found in the skincare range.
- A special appearance by the face of Shiseido White Lucent in Singapore, Mediacorp celeb Joanne Peh, whose even-toned and glowing skin was the reason Shiseido Singapore chose her to represent the range.
According to her, whitening means radiant skin. She also emphasised the need to be consistent in using skincare. One of her favourites from the range? White Lucent Brightening Eye Treatment, which she says alleviates dark eye circles and moisturises the eye area.
- An appearance by my blogging friends and me – we who have embarked on this whitening journey! ;) From left to right are: Holly Jean, Claudia, me, X-Wen and Ms Glitzy.
- A White Day pledge by Ms Peh, which the bloggers signed too!
- Exclusive gifts-with-purchase, special buys and a lucky draw.
Many of these promotions will last till 20 March 2011. In addition, you can receive a makeover from the Shiseido hair/makeup team and take home a Her World or Nuyou A4 cover of yourself + a 3-piece skincare gift, when you spend S$100 (inclusive of any whitening product).
My hair was curled by the Shiseido stylist that day but I did my own makeup with mostly Shiseido products:
- White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum, White Lucent Brightening Balancing Softener, White Lucent Brightening Protective Emulsion
- White Lucent Brightening Spot Control Base UV and White Lucent Brightening Spot Control Foundation
- Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in GY901 Snow Shadow
- Luminizing Satin Face Colors in PK304 Carnation and WT905 High Beam White
- Nourishing Mascara Base
- Perfect Mascara Defining Volume
- Shimmering Rouge in BE702 Alabaster
While I liked how the makeup turned out (♥ the refined quality of Shiseido makeup), I still can’t get used to the curls; I much prefer straight – abeit boring – hair. :P
At the event, I was given a sneak peek at soon-to-be-launched Shiseido products: Multi-Defense UV Protector SPF 50 PA+++ and White Lucent Brightening Skincare Powder.
I’m particularly excited about the former which is touted to be the replacement of Anessa, one of Shiseido’s best-selling sunscreens. I’ve used and like Anessa a lot – it has a wonderful finish and texture – so this new sunscreen is something I look forward to trying.
I also received a limited edition White Day Chocolavion treat from the Shiseido Parlour in Japan. Believe me, these chocolate treats are delectable! Customers who spend $180 nett will receive this tin of delicious confectionery too. : )~
Image source: Shiseido Singapore on Facebook
Posted in: beauty news | japanese brands | shiseido | skincare