New Pilot Frixion Point Pens

April 21, 2011

I’ve come to realise that people who love makeup usually have a soft spot for stationery. I’m one of them, of course; notebooks, letter pads, pencils and pens – they all hold a special allure. While I love my graphite pencils (they shade well on face charts), I have a penchant for coloured pens too. So when Pilot Singapore offered to send me a range of their revamped (and apparently extended) range of Frixion gel ink pens, I was quite curious about them.

S$2.35 each, they are sleeker and look slightly better than their more-rounded predecessors. Like the latter, their distinguishing feature is the eraser nib at the base of the pen. They aren’t the first erasable pens ever created (children of the ’80s will remember the Papermate – or was it Kilometrico? – pen with the rubber at the tip of the pen cap) but these are not so unwieldy, plus they come in a range of cheerful colours.

The pens I received have a 0.5 mm nib and come in 10 colours:

• Aqua
  • Black
  • Blue
  • Brown
  • Green
  • Lime
  • Orange
  • Pink
  • Purple
  • Red

Apparently the thermo-sensitive ink is refillable.

If only makeup foibles could be just as easily erased! ;)

I believe these erasable pens are available at most major bookstores. While they make for neater work (bye bye correction tape and messy cancellations), the colours could be richer – I wish they were as intense as the Pilot G2 range of gel colours which I love!

Posted in: colours | other musings

13 Responses to New Pilot Frixion Point Pens

1. stella
    April 21, 2011 at 7:48 am

the blue pilot v5 is the only pen i’ve been using for the last …. 20 years! nothing comes close to it, higher or lower end! if only it can be air travel-friendly without leaking everywhere under pressurized air!

April 21, 2011 at 11:12 am

Hi Stella,

The Pilot V5 and V7 series are excellent! I’m more partial to the latter, though, because I write with a fair amount of force, haha! Love the inkiness. I like your little tidbit about them being air travel-friendly! :D

2. milktea
    April 21, 2011 at 7:44 pm

That reminds me I’ve been meaning to buy some different colored pens so that I can differentiate my entries and jottings in my notebooks. What a coincidence! ;-)

Btw, can a girl have too many brand new notebooks waiting for her to write in them?! I’m not buying any more… this year. :-)

April 21, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Hi Milktea,

I have a weakness for notebooks and the like too! I used to collect notepads but have exercised more self-control lately as I’m running out of space. :P

3. June
    April 22, 2011 at 1:46 am

i agree…cuz i love make up and also stationeries…. i love the palette sweets stationery…

April 23, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Hi June,

Me too! There are some relatively new notepads, letter pads and note files from Palette’s Sweet Street available now.

4. Sam
    April 22, 2011 at 8:43 am

Wow, I love those! I have a pink original one – hoping these come out in Australia soon, I’d love the purple and green ones!

April 23, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Hi Sam,

I’m sure they will. The purple is quite pretty but still, I prefer the ink to be more intense.

5. andreea
    June 14, 2012 at 8:04 pm

imi plac aceste pixuri foarte mult

June 14, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Hi Andreea,

My kids have a lot of fun with them! :)

Hola Andrea,

Mis hijos tienen un montón de diversión con ellos! :)

6. Bob
    February 9, 2013 at 4:39 am

where can i buy them? can I buy them from u?

7. Paula
    February 9, 2013 at 8:29 am

Where do u buy them? Can I buy them from this website?

February 11, 2013 at 2:36 am

Hi Paula,

We have them here (in Singapore) at stationery stores. I don’t sell them. Hope you find them soon. :)