Addiction Aurora Reflection Haul

September 23, 2011

Here are photos and swatches of the delicious Addiction haul that I shared with Iris earlier this month.

Everything, sans Eyeshadow in Neverland (mine), is from the gorgeous Aurora Reflection collection for Autumn 2011. As with her previous collections, Ayako has created sublimely beautiful shadow shades that glimmer with complex iridescence, as befitting their luminous inspiration.

Between us, we purchased:

Eyeshadow in Blue Moon - A brilliant cornflower blue with reflective shimmer in a lighter blue

Eyeshadow in Deep Forest – A cool-toned kelp green with grey overtones – not exactly teal – with reflective shimmer (I can’t remember what colours they pull)

Eyeshadow in Horizon – A subdued lilac with multi-coloured sparkles

Eyeshadow in Neverland – A rich blackened forest green; reminiscent of MAC Club, only without the brown tones

Eyeshadow in Pink Python – A deep black with multi-coloured sparkles

Eyeshadow in Poetic – A mint with reflective blue-green shimmer

♦ Cheek Stick in Romantic – A shimmery mid-tone pink

♦ Blush in Romantic – A cool-toned rose pink with lighter pink reflects

♦ Lipglosses in Jealousys and Miss You More – A berry and a creamy carnation pink

♦ Nail Polish in Jewel Beatle – A teal infused with golden-green metallic shimmer

All in all, a very satisfying haul. I especially love the complexity of the eyeshadow shades and the perfect pink of the powder blush. Special thanks to Iris for making this haul happen! ♥

Image source: Addiction Beauty

Posted in: addiction | hauls | japanese brands | makeup merry | swatches

14 Responses to Addiction Aurora Reflection Haul

1. September 23, 2011 at 5:15 am

Everything is just mesmerising! Can’t wait to play with them in person :-)

September 24, 2011 at 1:12 am

Hey Iris,

Thank you for helping me with this CP! Everything is beautiful. I love the ethereal nature of some of the shadows. I think you’ll love them too. :)

2. ChristinaL
    September 23, 2011 at 10:25 am

This was in my to-buy list when we were planning to go Japan early this year.

September 24, 2011 at 1:13 am

Hi Chris!

I hope you snag them soon. :)

3. September 23, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I agree, this collection is just delicious and i’m definitely going to get my hands on Addiction makeup! I love the beautiful soft greens especially :)

September 24, 2011 at 1:15 am

Hi Lynn,

Not only are the colours stunning, their textures are amazing too!

4. September 24, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Mag! I am so jeaous!!! I love their es & blush. I think I will go crazy when I swatch them in person. @_@

September 26, 2011 at 12:33 am

Hey Farah,

I’m certainly you’ll return with a hefty haul! ;)

5. Eunice
    September 28, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Hi mag, I’ve been ur silent follower for yrs, congrats on ur lovely new addition to e family, she looks like u! Thank u for e constant flow of interesting posts despite busy motherhood. Would like to ask u if all the addiction eyeshadows in this post are of good texture and pigmentation? Cos I’m thinking of buying them online after seeing your delicious haul. For example, horizon looks less pigmented? Would love to hear ur opinions

October 16, 2011 at 1:00 am

Dear Eunice,

Thank you! :) I try my best – still keeping up with comments and reviews in draft mode (sorry for my late response, by the way).

They are generally of great texture and colour payoff. Horizon swatched well – my shot is a little blurry because I wanted to show the reflects. It is a light colour of its own, though, so you will not get depth; rather you will see a plethora of multi-coloured glimmer (gold and green being the most evident, if memory serves me right). I think it will be awesome over a lid shade!

6. Kas
    October 10, 2011 at 4:31 pm

everything looks amaz .. *faints after looking at nailpolish*

October 16, 2011 at 1:19 am

Hey Kas,

It reminds me of Accessorize Mermaid! :)

7. Eunice
    October 16, 2011 at 2:17 am

Thank u mag for e reply.. Ur new post on esprique cream cheek stick has set up lemmings in me again! Tk gd care yah, have plentiful rest!

October 17, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Hi Eunice,

Thank you! Do try the cream blush at the counter. :)