To celebrate the brand’s 10th anniversary this year, Majolica Majorca will release a series of 4 Little Humming Books (makeup palettes packaged like mini song books) throughout 2013.
Book I is already available at Watsons Singapore.
The palette contains:
- Eye Cream Base in No. 1 Moonless Night – A reddened-black eyeshadow primer
- Eye Shadow in No. 2 Flower Dust – A shimmery pastel lilac pink
- Eye Shadow in No. 3 Green Shower – A shimmery pale mint green
- Lip Gloss in No. 4 Tulip Bed – A creamy coral pink gloss formulated with the brand’s Royal Jelly EX (acacia honey, royal jelly extract and beeswax)
The iridescent eyeshadows have a semi-translucent finish on their own but pop beautifully over Moonless Night – the dark primer not only intensifies their base tones, it also emphasises their sparkly sheen. You’ll be glad to know that the base is surprisingly lasting and not your usual one-swipe-and-it’s-gone cream shadow. :)
Here are some ways to wear the palette, as recommended by the brand.
These adorable tiny tomes will be precious collector’s items, given the significance behind their creation, not to mention their utter cuteness.
I can’t believe the brand is already 10. I fondly remember when Iris first introduced Majolica Majorca to me and many others here in Singapore a decade back, and how we were immediately charmed by the girly packaging. MJ’s longevity is no mean feat for a drugstore brand in Japan, where capricious execs are wont to axe brands mercilessly (RIP, Pieds Nus and T’estimo). I suppose it’s thanks to products that work (hello MJ mascaras!), with a decent-enough price point, plus whimsical – albeit sometimes puzzling – collection themes.
This palette is part of the Majolica Majorca Chapter 36 Secret Blink collection which also includes:
- Lash Expander Edge Meister – A sweat/oil/tear/water-proof mascara with 1.3x more jet-black fibre (4 mm long) than MJ Lash Beautifying Frame Plus + a liquid lengthening base coat + a gloss oil for shiny lashes + a ‘speedy dry oil’ to enhance curling power + treatment ingredients such as Vitamin E and Macadamia nut oil + a dual-sided comb to help fan out and separate lashes
- Lash Jelly Drop – A lash treatment gel containing wild rose extract and glycerin to keep lashes moisturised, as well as Arginine to help strengthen lashes
- Majoromantica M (Mystic Garden) – A limited edition fragrance with floral-citrus top notes, fruity heart notes and sweet-bitter base notes
- Skin Remaker Case 2013 – An ornate pink-silver compact for Skin Remaker Pore Cover (similar to the one I’d purchased 3 years ago)
The video for the mascara is creative but a touch creepy!
Exclusively available at Watsons Singapore, everything in the collection is S$25.90 each, except for the case which is S$13.50.
Here’s looking forward to the 3 subsequent palette books that will be launched along the course of this year. :)
Posted in: beauty news | cute! | japanese brands | limited edition | majolica majorca | makeup merry | watsons