Muji Makeup Case

July 27, 2008

I was at the Marina Square branch of Muji last night and came across a makeup case which is similar to the Shu Uemura one which I own. Although the Muji one does not have two tiers or the PVC/faux leather exterior of the Shu, they are rather similar in that they have many compartments and some of these are almost the same. Like the Shu, it is durable and the sides are hard to protect your makeup from hard knocks.One great advantage of the Muji one is that it is made of nylon and seems to be entirely washable. The interior of the Shu one is too but I’m not too sure about its exterior, so I’ve only cleaned it with wet wipes.

For reference, the Shu Uemura one is 22.5(L) x 12.5(B) x 13.5(H) cm.

I saw two sizes at Muji. The small one (S$23) measures 16.5 x 19.5 x 12.5 cm, while the big one (S$33) measures 19.5 x 31 x 19.5 cm.

In Japan, the small one retails for ¥1575 and the large one retails for ¥2100, after tax.

You can also find this – it is called ‘vanity case’ there – on the websites of Muji EU and Muji UK. Both seem to be the same store (the UK site redirects traffic to muji.eu).

There, the small one retails for £12.95, while the big one retails for £14.95.

It ships to ‘delivery locations within mainland Great Britain, within the EU, within mainland United States and Canada’.

So those of you who live there, lucky you! :)

You can see this in person in Singapore at the Muji stores in Bugis Junction, Marina Square and Paragon.

Japonesque is another place to look for classy (chic simplicity, by my definition) travel makeup cases. Some of the items may make look deceptively small but they can store a great number of things!

Posted in: beauty accessories | japanese brands | japonesque | makeup storage | muji | shu uemura

8 Responses to Muji Makeup Case

1. Chev
    July 28, 2008 at 1:04 pm

Which size is comparable to your Shu one??

July 28, 2008 at 2:36 pm

Would you believe that mine is smaller than those two? ;)

The Shu is 22.5(L) x 12.5(B) x 13.5(H) cm.

It is slightly higher than the small Muji one.

3. Chev
    July 28, 2008 at 4:55 pm

Serious?! Wow, you really know how to pack. I was thinking the small is abit too small and the big one too big!

July 28, 2008 at 5:37 pm

I know! The Shu is deceptively small. By that token, the small Muji one will hold many, many items! ;)

July 28, 2008 at 5:38 pm

Oh, and it’s not really about my packing – makeup in general is flat and small so I think you’d be able to pack as compactly. :)

6. Chev
    July 28, 2008 at 7:45 pm

Hmm, I think I didn’t plan enough so duno what to bring:(

7. Chev
    August 6, 2008 at 2:07 pm

BTW, I’m looking for a Pro brush roll. Do you happen to know where can find??;) TIA

August 6, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Try Crownbrush: http://www.crownbrush.biz/home.aspx?pg=catalog

The free Red Earth brush case I received is comparable to some brush rolls too.

If you purchase RE from Sasa at the moment, you get a $10 voucher for every $30 purchase. The gwp may still be available! Good luck. :)