Lipstick Queen Chinatown Glossy Pencils

April 23, 2009
Lipstick Queen has come up with yet another lovely lip product; this time, a fatty lipgloss pencil. Inspired by Roman Polanski’s movie, Chinatown, Chinatown Glossy Pencils are jumbo-sized pencils in bright hues and a ‘super sheer, super moisturizing‘ formula that allows you to ‘draw on gloss.

The cheery colours look like they would be wonderful worn sheer. I’ve always liked the idea of fatty lip pencils and these remind me of the NARS ones, albeit not as creamy as the latter.

If you are wondering what the Chinese characters mean:

口红 = kǒu hóng = lipstick
皇后 = huáng hòu = queen

=> LIPSTICK QUEEN!

I love the font of the Chinese characters and the brilliant red of the featured pencil (Thriller).

Posted in: lipstick | lipstick queen

13 Responses to Lipstick Queen Chinatown Glossy Pencils

1. JacQlin
    April 23, 2009 at 3:11 am

hihi is this available in singapore??

2. Juschev
    April 23, 2009 at 8:36 am

I remembered my first chubby stick lippie was from Clinique and that was eons ago. Loved it so much that I wanted a second one.

Too bad the brand is not so accessible to us here.

April 23, 2009 at 11:49 am

Hi JacQlin,

Unfortunately, Lipstick Queen is not available here (yet?). You might like to try Julie Hewett, which has a good range of reds, as well. It can be found at The Skin Boutique (http://theskinboutique.com.sg/).

April 23, 2009 at 11:50 am

Hi Chev! :)

Aww! They’re so easy to wear, aren’t they? I’m hoping LQ enters our market soon. Her shades and formulas are lip-huggingly beautiful.

5. Traclyn Yeoh
    April 23, 2009 at 3:56 pm

How I wish they are in Singapore, then maybe I can get them when I’m visiting!

April 23, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Hey Traclyn,

I know! Take heart though – if a boutique brand like Julie Hewett can make its way here, Lipstick Queen may not be far off. ;)

7. jojoba
    April 27, 2009 at 8:16 pm

LOL at the chinese wording. :) I think this is a very interesting product.

i am trying to reframe myself from buying too many lip products before moving to sydney in december. but it’s so hard!

April 28, 2009 at 12:51 am

Hi Jojoba,

I’ve seen your tasteful and moderate stash. GET IT, you need to expand your stash! ^_^

9. jojoba
    April 29, 2009 at 6:38 am

i just might as i recently discovered the beauty of using lipliners.

May 4, 2009 at 9:16 pm

Mmmm Jojoba,

Lush lips coming your way! ;) I should be getting mine soon. Please let me know what you think of these…post on your blog! :D

11. Watch Free Movies
    November 30, 2009 at 1:31 pm

This is really Great knowledge gaining news and all thanks to bing search engine. I loved reading your post and added to the favorites. The views you tried to put up was clearly understandable. My sister also appreciated after reading this writing. I will go through for more sooner. cya – Patricia

December 3, 2009 at 11:11 am