Sana 39mm Wide Spring Power Curler

December 22, 2009

Sana 39mm Wide Spring Power Curler

When I wrote about the Koji Wide Angle Eyelash Curler earlier this year, I didn’t expect a lovely random act of kindness: Ashley, a reader who owns Cozy Babies (an e-store that carries Beco Baby Carriers), offered to send me the classic Sana 39mm curler* as a comparison.

Although I’ve tried this curler in the past, I couldn’t get it to fit my lid at all and sold it eventually. Surprisingly, it works better for me now. I wonder if this has to do with ageing – my lids aren’t as firm as before and I’m seeing the beginnings of a crease on my single lids.

The wide angle grasps all my lashes, although there is a slight pull on the roots (if I’m not careful, this could translate into pain). It doesn’t cup the lashes as well as my trusty MAC curler but it is a handy tool to have when I need to curl my lashes in a pinch (pun fully intended :P); I like that it gives my  puny lashes an immediate curl.

Thank you, Ashley, for your generous gift! ♥

* The original Sana 39mm curler bears the name ‘Powerstyle’ and is blue in colour. Ashley sent me a limited edition gold one. I believe there is a shimmering pink one as well, although I’m not sure if it’s from Sana itself. I do know that Excel (also under the Sana brand) carries a similar curler in pink and gold.

Posted in: beauty gifts | eyelash curlers | raok | sana

16 Responses to Sana 39mm Wide Spring Power Curler

1. December 22, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Sana Excel they call it, for their curler i think. I have the gold one and the normal blue one. Pink is OOS almost everywhere i think because it’s LE and it’s pink!

December 22, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Hey Plue Plue!

Shimmering pink is so girly and sweet. It reminds me a little of the Canmake one which is a metal pink, I think.

2. Strikingreality
    December 22, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Blue is only available outside Japan I think! I have never seen it in Japan. Gold is the standard colour for the Sana eyelash curker in Japan. The pink one is a LE which is released every spring. I have never seen it before but I have read that the quality is not as good, in that the plastic can break. :)

December 22, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Hi Strikingreality,

Thanks for your elucidation on the colour differences! :D I haven’t seen the gold around here (although I seem to recall that it was sold as a limited edition item at Sasa some time back) – I obtained my first one from a Japan CP. The pink is different in quality? I wonder why…

3. December 22, 2009 at 11:11 pm

I have Koji curler, sometimes I feel that it pulls my lashes’ roots(pains!!)
    But this sana 39mm curler sound kinda GOOD to me.. cos of the wide length.

SO MAC curler is good? (I have been thinking of getting a new lash curler!)

December 22, 2009 at 11:17 pm

Hi Everbluec,

The MAC is perfect for me. :) Which Koji curler do you use? The famous 73?

4. December 23, 2009 at 10:40 am

Mag dearie,

Canmake one OOS here the last I check. >_< RM30 for a curler, refill RM10, not that bad la. But I already got 2 sana, one shu, one koji (can't remember which), one shiseido (drugstore version) so I dun think i shud get another Canmake~

merry xmas doll!

December 23, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Wow, Plue, that’s a good collection of curlers from recognised brands! :)

Merry Christmas to you too!

5. December 24, 2009 at 3:38 am
      December 29, 2009 at 12:36 am

Hi Everbluec,

That’s the one that I have! It grabs the lashes rather forcefully, I feel.

6. Ashley Lin
    December 25, 2009 at 10:13 am

Aww, I was using it anyway I am still looking for a suitable curler, the ones I had always ‘kiap’ me.

December 29, 2009 at 12:37 am

Hey Ashley,

*HUG* Have you tried the MAC one? ;)

7. xoxo
    December 26, 2009 at 4:46 pm

which curler is the best???
    shu, koji , sana or shiseido???
    i wanna buy a good curler.

December 29, 2009 at 12:38 am

Hi Xoxo,

I hesitate to recommend you a curler because we all have eyes that are shaped differently. You’ll need to try curlers at the counter to see if their curvature fits you. :)

Shiseido, Shu Uemura and MAC curlers work for many people and have a lot of positive feedback though.

8. christy
    December 29, 2009 at 9:25 am

I tried the blue 1 before, but i find that it still can’t cramp my lashes at the side. It quite difficult to find the refill for the rubber… :(

December 31, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Hi Christy,

Regular rubber refills might work. Good luck! :)