Koji Diamond Grade No.62 22R Spring Action Wide Angle Eyelash Curler

May 25, 2009

S$15.50 at Watsons, this gem of a find* surprised me with the ease with which it fitted my eye, grasping and curling my lashes firmly.

Its uncommon faceted packaging is as attractive as its low price but I purchased it mainly because of its curvature that seemed suited to my Asian monolids: its arch is flatter/lower and wider than most conventional curlers.

I’m liking it so far but will test it further before I review it properly. I’m looking forward to comparing it to the Shiseido Maquillage Edge Free Eyelash Curler. :)

* This curler probably has the same curvature as the Koji Moni No.62 that also bears the label 22R. Their main difference lies in the handles the Diamond Grade has spring handles, while the Moni has regular hinged handles. There is also a No.61 Diamond Grade 18R in white, which has a slightly narrower curvature than the 22R, according to the Chinese description on JpMon.

Posted in: eyelash curlers | japanese brands | koji

12 Responses to Koji Diamond Grade No.62 22R Spring Action Wide Angle Eyelash Curler

1. pinky"the-middle-name-is-princess"beanie
    May 25, 2009 at 10:33 am

Hi Mag, which Watsons did you get this from? Sounds like a dream :)

2. pinky"the-middle-name-is-princess"beanie
    May 25, 2009 at 10:34 am

Oops, sorry, clicked too fast. Wanted to ask: Does it “get” the lashes at the outer corners of your eyes too?

3. plue
    May 25, 2009 at 12:18 pm

i wonder how this compare to Sana curler? I have never used any other curler ever since I got my hands on Sana :P

4. Ashley
    May 26, 2009 at 2:28 am

I am trying to find one that curls my lashes nicely, I tried the ECII on raw eyelashes but no effect, must try to get a manual eyecurler first. I had a Canmake which was quite good but can’t find it in the house, must be the kiddos. LOL. ~Ashley.

May 26, 2009 at 3:12 am

Hello Pinky!

I saw this at the Toa Payoh store and bought it at the Tampines 1 one (that sounds funny, hee!).

It grabs the lashes on the outer corners! We must meet one afternoon just so you can try on my curlers before buying one for yourself. :)

May 26, 2009 at 3:15 am

Plue,

This reminded me of the Sana 39mm one because of the width of the handles. However, the Sana has a narrower curvature. Its arch is higher and is too curved for my flat Asian eyes. It didn’t work for me.

May 26, 2009 at 3:16 am

Hey Ashley,

Thanks for dropping by! :)

The Eyecurl is best paired with a manual curler. Get another Canmake during a John Little or Watsons sale! ;)

8. plue
    May 26, 2009 at 10:15 am

Hm, Sana works okay for me, but it does pinches ever so little on one eye, maybe cuz one eye is slightly flatter than the other. If i do get to SG, i’ll be hunting for this! :P

May 26, 2009 at 11:38 pm

Hi Plue,

I’m hoping to give the Sana another try when (if?) Sasa carries it again. ;)

10. Ashley
    May 27, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I will pass you my SANA if you want it’s the Gold LE one. It kiaps my eyelid without fail. Email me your add, ok. I still have the refill too thou got to find first.

May 28, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Hey Ashley,

Thanks so much for offering. I tried it once and didn’t like it but would to give it another go. Will email you! :)