Maquillage Spring 2010 Sneak Preview

February 10, 2010

I was given a sneak peek at the Maquillage Spring 2010 collection when I was at a Shiseido beauty workshop today. The session primarily focused on Shiseido’s new spring makeup so when the good people at the company suddenly whipped out a few Maquillage palettes, my makeup senses went into overdrive!

BE763 and GR764

VI767, PK766 and BE765

Comprising Eyes Creator (3D) in BE763 and GR764 (both are limited edition), as well as Eyes Creator (3D) in BR765, PK766 and VI767, this range of wearable palettes will appeal to women who want sheer yet buildable colour for the season.

BE763 and GR764′s special edition pearlescent casing

Based on a maritime theme and bearing seaside-related motifs, the two limited edition palettes remind one of the sea – BE763, with its sandy/sunset shades and GR764, with its ocean hues. Both have oversprays of stars and seashells on their cream shadow pans and their powder shadow pans have a wavy bevelled surface reminiscent of undulating waves, like Lunasol Nature Color Eyes in Nature Blue.

GR764 caught my eye with its beautiful lime green, aqua and soft lavender but its star has to be the pewter cream in the lower right corner. It blends wonderfully over powder, believe it or not. I’d used the blue and the green on a model earlier and I applied the pewter directly over these colours for a second look. We both loved how its smooth texture effortlessly transformed her earlier spring look into a smokey one without any caking and how it easily delivers a gorgeous blended look on its own (I used only my ring finger and the sponge-tipped applicator). Unfortunately, the swatch does it no justice – you’ll have to test it at the counter to see this yourself! ;)

BE763

GR764

BE765

PK766

VI767

They are by and large wearable but sheer for the most part. There are a few pigmented gems here and there, as you can see from the swatches. According to Shiseido Singapore, this collection will launch in early March but Iris of Rouge Deluxe tells me that the collection is already on display at the Shiseido counter at Isetan Scotts! ;)

I didn’t see the other items but the price list for the entire collection is below:

• Glossy Perfect Rouge and Lasting Perfect Rouge S$49
  • Smooth & Stay Lipliner Refill S$24
  • Smooth & Stay Lipliner Holder S$29 (S$53, for both the refill and holder)
  • Eyes Creator (all colours) S$69
  • Eye Color N S$24
  • Eyebrow Color Wax S$34
  • Long Stay Eyeliner Refill S$24
  • Long Stay Eyeliner Holder S$26 (S$50, for both the refill and holder)
  • Rouge and Lips Special Set S$52

Posted in: beauty news | colours | eyeshadow palettes | japanese brands | makeup merry | maquillage | shiseido | spring makeup | swatches

10 Responses to Maquillage Spring 2010 Sneak Preview

1. February 11, 2010 at 9:17 am

Good meeting you yesterday! You are super fast in blogging!! But yah, the Maquillage palettes look good!

February 11, 2010 at 11:55 am

Hello Miss G!

Your hair was gorgeous! Mine was all over the place – I was too busy playing with the makeup to think about my hair, lol!

2. February 11, 2010 at 11:05 am

you got me lemmings *aww*aww
    maquillage has finally jump into the bandwagon offering embossed printing on their e/s hehe good touch indeed!
    am a sucker for violet…hmm which palette you think is most unique & wearable?!

February 11, 2010 at 11:58 am

Hi Stellavixen,

They do look lovely! They are all wearable but I think BE763 has the most unusual combination with its rose, violet and gold combination.

If you like unique violets, do take a look at Shiseido Luminizing Eye Color in VI720 Ghost (you can see photos of it here).

3. February 12, 2010 at 12:15 am

Saw this collection on display at Isetan Scotts today! Think I’m definitely getting the blue/green palette! :-) Thanks for the great swatches!

February 12, 2010 at 12:25 am

Hello Iris!

It’s already in? Fabulous! GR764 is on the sheer side but the shadows can be layered over blue and green bases to make the colours pop. :)

4. lazeny
    March 1, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I just got the PK 766 at our nearby Shiseido Counter. I was told that they only have one piece of each PK766, BE765 and BE763. Apparently I got the last one. This would be my very first Maquillage Eye palette and I’m excited to try this on.

March 2, 2010 at 2:12 am

I’m glad you snagged the last piece, Lazeny! Enjoy your lovely palette. :)

5. Winterysummerday
    March 3, 2010 at 11:49 pm

I just bought 2 palettes – PK 766 and GR 764 at Isetan Tampines!! Much thanks to your website for all the lovely swatches and sneaks – I was tempted to the extent of popping down to Isetan to try my luck instead of waiting. I Love the Maquillage line!

March 4, 2010 at 12:05 am

Hello Wintersummerday,

You’re very welcome. :) That’s a lovely haul; enjoy your pretty palettes!