The very first eye I created with Eyes Creator in VI767 was more blue-green than purple. When I met Iris and told her what I’d used, she said it was nothing like violet! She happened to be with the lovely Anna Sui people and Irene (the pretty Anna Sui trainer whom I’d met at the Isetan Orchard counter) remarked that the base colour was beautiful. ;)
I usually go stronger in my eye makeup but this look was wearable and easy to create.
1. I Nuovi Eyebase from lash to brow.
2. The white cream shadow over the eye base.
3. The grey cream shadow on the lid, just shy of the socket.
4. The violet patted over the grey with the included sponge applicator, extending to the socket.
5. The taupe to contour the socket, blending in and up.
6. The grey over the violet, to intensify the look and bring out the sparkles.
7. The violet over the grey once more, with emphasis on the centre. I may have also daubed a little of the white on the centre.
8. The pale gold from socket to brow.
9. The white to highlight.
10. The grey to line both lash lines.
11. The taupe over the upper lash line with a dense brush to bring out the colour.
12. The violet + taupe over the lower lash line.
13. The white and the gold on the inner lash line.
14. A brow pencil + Maquillage Eyebrow Color Wax on the brows.
15. Majolica Majorca mascaras (Lash Expander Neo aka Lash Beautifying Mascara and Lash Gorgeous Wing) on the lashes.
Here is a slightly different photo of the eye (the taupe looks darker and the lid colour looks slightly stronger). I thought it was quite a spring eye, despite its subdued nature. :)
Posted in: eotds | eyeshadow palettes | maquillage | shiseido