Yesterday’s Impulse Purchase – Guerlain Fall 2010 Écrin 6 Couleurs Palettes

August 14, 2010

Posted in: eyeshadow palettes | guerlain | makeup merry

23 Responses to Yesterday’s Impulse Purchase – Guerlain Fall 2010 Écrin 6 Couleurs Palettes

1. August 14, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Beautiful! I checked them out in store intending to purchase but I walked away despite it. I don’t know. Something was missing to me so I decided to wait it out. Will be waiting to read your thoughts :)

August 16, 2010 at 1:38 am

Hey PB,

I couldn’t resist the neutrals and the plethora of dirty shades! :P

2. August 15, 2010 at 1:04 am

The palettes looks really pretty!!!

August 16, 2010 at 1:40 am

Hi Farah,

BUY. :D

3. August 15, 2010 at 10:15 am

Guess which ones I bought TOO!!!

August 16, 2010 at 1:41 am

Hi Marcia,

You have very good taste. :D

4. TheUndercoverGypsy
    August 15, 2010 at 12:16 pm

lol…..Hey Mag! I completely understand the raging impulse that made you buy this – I did the same, myself the day I received a Tangs mailer informing me of it…..it truly is a pretty, pretty palette, isn’t it?

August 16, 2010 at 1:44 am

Hi TUG!

They were impossible to resist. Iris of Rouge Deluxe meant to take one of them, in addition to the one she’d chosen (thanks to the Guerlain BOGO offer, we could share the cost of three palettes) but because I couldn’t decide, I had to have two. :P

5. August 16, 2010 at 10:39 am

I couldn’t resist the BOGO either!! I’m still lemming for Rues de Sevres which the SA said didn’t even make it to Singapore =(

August 16, 2010 at 11:22 am

Hi Luna,

The BOGOF offer is great for saving money. ;) The palette might make it here after all, who knows? Good luck!

6. August 16, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Wished I buy stuff coz of packaging but I don’t, Maybe if the cols work for me, I would get. But till I check them out in person. ;)

August 19, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Hi Farah,

For me, packaging has to be paired with efficacy. At the very least, I will make sure it works with something else. :P I’ll try with an EOTD but I only do those sporadically now (remember how I used to post them regularly on LJ?). As it is I barely have the time to update this webby.

Thanks for your comments though; it’s great communicating with you here after all these years. *HUGS*

7. August 18, 2010 at 7:55 pm

If you have the chance, I would love to see an EOTD for the blue palette. You’ve stirred my lemmings for the cols in the palette. I am in ulu part of SG tho so it’s too far(OK too lazy) to get to town.

8. August 19, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I belong to the rare minority who does not care for cute packaging. Like perfume bottles, they can be square for all I care, so long I love the scent. :P

Yes you used to do so many gorgeous EOTD!!! What are you doing now? You seem really busy. I thought this site was a full time for you, guess not?

August 19, 2010 at 12:13 pm

That’s a good way to approach bath and beauty products (what’s inside is more important, isn’t it?). Oh Farah, I wish this were full-time! :P The boys are older now but I still have to attend to them. ;)

9. August 19, 2010 at 12:17 pm

I had the impression this was full time. Z must be a big boy now but I can imagine the school work & all would keep you really busy & what with ECAs too? Your lil one is no more little too I am sure.

August 19, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Hey Farah,

You’re right…they grow up too fast. Maintaining a blog takes a lot of time and effort; I don’t know how the more prolific bloggers do it!

10. August 19, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Mag, SO got me one of the palettes. Wanted the blue but OOS so got the 68 champs élysées. I saw the swatches & fell for it.

August 19, 2010 at 11:50 pm

Oh Farah, that is awesome of him. <3 Enjoy the pretty palette!

11. August 20, 2010 at 12:19 am

They also had the palette we did not get here but he thinks it’s too light for me. I think so too when I was looking at swatches. I cannot wait & swatched the cols when I came back. Love the greys. Now I hope they hv the other when he flies off in a few weeks.

August 21, 2010 at 1:00 am

I’m glad to know that we didn’t miss much with the green palette. I hope you get it too, Farah!

12. August 23, 2010 at 9:27 am

You can swatch the green palette at DFS Scotts. It is pale blue/green., very pastel. I swatched the blue but I don’t think it works on me. I shall sit on it for now.

August 23, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Hi Farah,

It’s okay. I’m certain I won’t like it, from the way you’ve described it! :P Try the blue with the purple? ;)