Anna Sui Forbidden Affair

September 24, 2010

Romance, intrigue and lavish flourishesa princess’s dangerous liaison

Drawing inspiration from the old German fairytale Snow White, the design of Anna Sui Forbidden Affair has touches of the Baroque and Rococo styles of the 18th century.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?

Reminiscent of an ornate mirror with its scalloped edges, the glass bottle also has an embossed band of little black roses on its neck and a cap shaped like a flower bud about to bloom. Very boudoir-ready!

According to the brand, the scent is:

A fantasy of red currant flower and sparkling fruity accords, the fragrance incorporates, for the first time, Cyclodextrin Technology. This allows the immediate first fresh top note impression to ‘re-burst’ over and over again for an ongoing sparkling fresh fragrance experience!

Made in Germany, this fragrance contains:

Top notes of lemon, red currant and black currant
Heart notes of raspberry, rose petal accord and pomegranate
Base notes of violet, cedar wood and musk

Here are its prices in Singapore:

• Forbidden Affair Eau de Toilette EDT (30 ml) – S$63
  • Forbidden Affair Eau de Parfum EDP (50 ml) – S$86
  • Forbidden Affair Eau de Parfum EDP (75 ml) – S$111
  • Forbidden Affair Body Lotion (200 ml) – S$40
  • Forbidden Affair Bath & Shower Gel (200 ml) – S$38

Anna Sui Forbidden Affair will be available from 4 October 2010 at leading department stores.

Posted in: anna sui | beauty news | fragrances | japanese brands

13 Responses to Anna Sui Forbidden Affair

1. shopaholic
    September 24, 2010 at 8:19 am

hi dear, this pretty bottle is already selling onboard SQ flights & I was contemplating if I should get it coz there’s no sample for a whiff. any fragrance that it is close to for easy comparison?

thanks!

September 25, 2010 at 10:44 am

Hi Shopaholic,

I can’t think of any one that is similar to it, unfortunately.

2. September 24, 2010 at 12:55 pm

your description sounds tempting, i been a loyal user of sui love for years… maybe i should try this out when my current one runs out!

September 25, 2010 at 11:04 am

Hi Sizbelle,

I actually like how the purple looks classy; prettier than it appears in the stock visuals actually!

3. September 25, 2010 at 3:11 pm

The notes do sound interesting. Shall do take a whiff if I pass by AS anytime soon.

September 27, 2010 at 12:23 am

Do let me know what you think of it, Farah! :)

4. September 27, 2010 at 12:28 am

The notes reminds me of a scent I love, L’Artisan Mûre et Musc so I’d be sure to take a whiff.

5. October 1, 2010 at 11:07 am

Hey Mag, I went to take a whiff of this. The SA sprayed a generous amount on the tester paper. This is predominantly soury fruity & dries down with powdery notes. A day later the tester paper smells just like Byblos(the blue bottle with brown cap), a perfume I used to love in my teens. Yeah! How nostalgic!!! I was hoping to be able to sniff out violet or black currant but none of that was detected. I love my perfumes, I like this but probably not love at this time!

October 2, 2010 at 1:55 am

Hi Farah,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. It does have obvious fruity tones and I agree with you re: the powdery dry down. :)

6. October 4, 2010 at 11:58 am

Mag, I love my perfumes & enjoy reviewing them! :)

October 5, 2010 at 1:06 am

And I love that you love it, Farah! :D

7. emmy eliza
    October 31, 2010 at 12:45 am

just got 1set of forbidden affairs’s body lotion & parfume ~ smells lot more..like dolce & galbana rose the one

November 1, 2010 at 12:59 am

Hi Emmy Eliza,

I haven’t sniffed the D&G scent but I’ll take a whiff one day. :)