Sleek I-Divine Eyeshadow Palettes in Storm and The Original

November 22, 2010

The same friend who’d helped me purchase items from the Topshop Heavy Duty Collection also picked up a couple of Sleek Makeup I-Divine Eyeshadow Palettes for me. At only £5.99 each (about S$12.80), these palettes of 12 eyeshadow pans are certainly value for money. She’d found them at Superdrug in London and was astounded that they’d been wiped off the shelves, save for a few. I’m not surprised that the plastic packaging was a little ratty, what with the rush for these affordable compacts but everything was pristine inside.

The compacts are as their name indicates – sleek. :) The exterior actually reminds me of MAC Pro Palettes.

The interior looks a little cheap though – I’m not fond of the waffle hetchmarks of the eyeshadows.

That said, the shadows are very pigmented. Made in China, their intensity and finish remind me of the Manly 120 Palette. The latter is slightly denser in texture though.

I only swatched The Original, as I’m not sure about Storm yet. See how vibrant the colours are? Aside from the satin black, all the shades are shimmery, with some bordering on frosty. They will be wonderful for vibrant eyes!

Posted in: beauty bargains | eyeshadow palettes | hauls | makeup merry | sleek makeup | swatches

14 Responses to Sleek I-Divine Eyeshadow Palettes in Storm and The Original

1. Fr0nd
    November 22, 2010 at 2:21 pm

*envy* been wanting one of those palettes :P

November 23, 2010 at 11:46 am

Hey Jo,

Hope you obtain one soon! :)

2. TheUndercoverGypsy
    November 22, 2010 at 11:08 pm

The colours look very pretty and I’ve been reading some consistently good reviews of the palette – I’ve been wanting to try some of the Sleek blushes, myself – apparently they’re very pigmented…it’s always such a treat, isn’t it, to get even drugstore makeup on a haul from the US or the UK….I always try to get hold of Covergirl, Almay, Boots and Wet N’ Wild stuff… :D

November 23, 2010 at 11:49 am

Hi TUG,

These are truly value-for-money. I’ve not yet seen/tried Sleek blushes but I’d avoid them because most Made-in-China blushes are comedogenic, unfortunately (I’m assuming they’re also made there, like the palettes are).

US/UK brands do have pretty stuff but my fave drugstores? The Japanese ones, of course! ;) They’re a notch above the western brands with their quality and packaging. :D

3. Kas
    November 23, 2010 at 2:35 am

Maggie! I LOVE the Storm Palette – I was actually more interested in Circus and Original but I’ve used Storm much more. I think they apply well and the colours hold up – I tried them wet but its not too great (like the texture gets a little strange and creases like crazy) but they’re fine when used over a base :D

November 23, 2010 at 11:55 am

Hey Kas,

Thanks for your feedback! I’ll take a second look at Storm. ;)

4. November 23, 2010 at 10:35 am

I just got Storm in the mail today. I bought it from Ebay and didn’t overpay which was nice. I’m anxious to try it out. The Original looks perfect for you.

November 23, 2010 at 11:56 am

Hi Marcia,

Have fun playing with Storm! It does look a versatile palette. :)

5. November 23, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I’ve tried the acid palette but is a little cakey though! Yes I have to agree pigmented!

Somemore is so small and compact, u can carry it anywhere without lugging ur massive 88 palette!

November 23, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Hi Clara,

Acid is the palette of brights, right? I do agree that this is very compact. :)

6. TheUndercoverGypsy
    November 23, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Yikes! Didn’t know that…thanks for the heads-up, Mag….I’ll need to research the ingredients further.

November 23, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Hi TUG,

Look out for the D&C Lakes; they tend to be the culprits. If you’re not prone to acne, however, they should be ok. :)

7. November 24, 2010 at 4:25 am

Love the intensity of the cols! :)

November 24, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Hi Farah,

They are quite pigmented. Truly value-for-money.