MAC Cham Pale, Mickey Contractor and Stylishly Yours Haul

January 12, 2011

Last Friday, three small MAC collections were quietly launched here: Cham Pale, Mickey Contractor and Stylishly Yours. I say ‘quietly’ because there were very few people at the counter at that time; I doubt many knew about the launch date then.

However, once word got out, the items started flying off the shelves – when I called the counter on Saturday to check on the availability of a few items for a friend, fewer than ten pieces remained for several of the popular items (some of these include the Mickey Contractor Fluidlines and the Cham Pale Fix+ in Lavender).

I purchased MAC Fix+ in Lavender, Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvée and Special Reserve Highlight Powder in Chez Chez Lamé (Cham Pale), Fluidline in Siahi (Mickey Contractor) and Cream Colour Base in Madly Magenta (Stylishly Yours).

Fix+ in Lavender (S$25) is a delightful skin refresher/finishing mist with a lasting floral scent. I love facial sprays, so this is an indubitable treat!

Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvée (S$33) was an instant must-have for me. A smokey steel with violet tones, this cream shadow is shot through with pretty sparkles.

The undisputed pièce de résistance of the Cham Pale collection, the Special Reserve Highlight Powders (S$46) have such visual appeal; I love the embossed crinkles and folds. It’s great that they don’t disappear easily upon swatching, either.

I chose Chez Chez Lamé because it reminded me of the gorgeous MAC Hyper Real Pressed Powders that I love, only with slightly more sheen. Don’t the folds on this product look like creases on gold lamé?

Fluidline in Siahi (S$28) is a blue-green that I’d describe as navy-teal. It reminds me so much of my beloved MAC Nail Lacquer in Whirlwind! It is somewhat similar to MAC Eye Pencil in Indigo and MAC Technakohl Liner in Auto de Blu too but this gorgeous cream liner has greener/stronger teal tones.

Cream Colour Base in Madly Magenta (S$32) is a MAC Pro product that I never got round to buying, so I’m glad it’s been made easily available now. A brilliant pink with hot violet tones, this intense blush will stain the cheeks, so care is required for application (be sparing!) and removal.

Here are swatches of the makeup items.

To top up my expenditure to qualify for a free New Moon abalone+top shell gift set from Tangs, I also purchased a MAC Slim Mirror (S$8). I like its flat and sleek appearance, plus it will make a great mixing plate for cream products.

I was especially thrilled to receive a Mandarin orange carrier and money packets from the store (free with every S$128 spent). I love the cute bunnies and Oriental quilt images!

Image source: Tangs Singapore

Posted in: hauls | mac | makeup merry | swatches

21 Responses to MAC Cham Pale, Mickey Contractor and Stylishly Yours Haul

1. January 12, 2011 at 1:06 am

Ahhh, out of the 3 I only got stuff from the Stylishly Yours collection. Namely the Cream Color Bases in Tickle me Pink & Virgin Isle. MSR and MM are a little too intense for a beginner like me heh. And you are right, I got a huge shocker when I swatched the CCB on my skin, super duper pigmented to the point of !!! I’m lemming more for the Vintage Selection rather than Dangerous Cuvee as I own only browns/earthy/neutrals e/s but I bet its sold out already :(

January 12, 2011 at 1:22 am

Hi Jolyn,

I really like the MAC CCBs as blushes. You made a good purchase. :) Do try your luck; you might be able to find Vintage Selection!

2. January 12, 2011 at 2:49 am

Nice purchases, I got three colour cream bases (Virgin Isle, Madly Magenta, Movie Star Red) and I’m not sure if I should go for the Lavender Fix+ as well because I already have the ‘normal’ Fix+ edition, but I tried out the scent yesterday and OMG it’s so lovely!

January 12, 2011 at 11:29 am

Hey Anna,

Get the mist before it’s sold out! It’s always good to have an extra bottle. ;)

3. January 12, 2011 at 3:57 am

Great haul! I also got Dangerous Cuvee, and am starting to think I need Chez Chez Lame too.

January 12, 2011 at 11:29 am

Hi MD,

If anything, CCL is pretty to look at! ;)

4. January 12, 2011 at 9:25 am

I bought the mirror and Dangerous Curvee too. I want to get the fluidliner but I’ll have to do that online. Vintage Selection was sold out here too.

January 12, 2011 at 11:30 am

Hi Mar,

I really like how compact the mirror is. Good luck with finding the Fluidlines! :)

5. January 12, 2011 at 10:49 pm

I am surprised you did not get Ivy Fluidline. :p

Great haul Mag!!!

January 12, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Hey Farah,

I have several pencil dupes of that liner. ;) I really like Chez Chez Lamé – used it today and the glow is subtle yet visible. :)

6. January 13, 2011 at 12:02 am

I am going to try our Chez Chex Lamé soon. I love Illanasqua ver, Glint so will see if I love MAC’s ver as much. Oooh…on a green kick lately & I picked up Ivy & loving it.

January 13, 2011 at 11:08 am

Farah,

It is a beautiful highlighter in the pot and on the face! Enjoy your lovely haul. :)

7. MoMo
    January 13, 2011 at 9:27 am

its CHAM PALE not Champ Pale

January 13, 2011 at 11:07 am

Hi MoMo,

Thanks for pointing out the typo; I’ve amended the title. :)

8. January 13, 2011 at 10:27 am

Nice! :) I didn’t pick anything up for the new collections. Not really caught my eye except for the I GET NO KICK eye kohl.

January 13, 2011 at 11:10 am

Hi Girl Hearts Makeup,

That is a good colour. I wish they made it in the Powerpoint formula, though!

9. MoMo
    January 13, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Welcome! no worries :D

10. January 13, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Thanks Mag! I used it today & I love the subtle glow. Ilamasqua is peachier. I thot Chez Chez Lame would be frosty but it is so not. Glad I got it!

January 14, 2011 at 1:25 am

Isn’t it wonderful, Farah? I’ve been using it for the past few days and LOVE it! :)

11. tara
    January 14, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Is the slim mirror part of the collections? or is it a permanent line?
    I’d love to get the CCB in tickle me pink and movie star red.. but too bad it’s not available in my country :( I might ask someone to buy for me.. is it selling out fast in sg?

January 15, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Hi Tara,

It’s part of the permanent collection.

I’m not sure how quickly the CCBs are selling.