MAC Lipstick in Black Knight

November 26, 2011

For Black Friday this year, MAC has done something interesting – it is making its previously limited-edition Lipstick in Black Knight available once again, just for this post-Thanksgiving day.

In honour of Black Friday, M∙A∙C is reissuing limited quantities of our coal black cult classic, Dark Knight Lipstick. Shop now before they’re all sold out! Exclusively online for one day only.

- MAC Cosmetics

First launched as part of the Style Black collection in 2009, this lipstick in the Cremesheen formula is a creamy black with a lustrous finish.

It might seem like a goth girl’s dream and a Halloween staple but it appeals to my makeup artist heart because it allows me to deepen various lip colours and dirty them for specific looks.

Here it is, mixed with Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Nocturnal.

I love the blackened berry (black cherry?) hue!

Do you need it? I’d say no. Should you want it, though? Yes; yes, you should! I love it so much, I have two. ;)

Image source: MAC Cosmetics

Posted in: beauty news | lipstick | mac | swatches

8 Responses to MAC Lipstick in Black Knight

1. November 26, 2011 at 3:49 am

You make it work! I’d look like ghoul!

2. November 26, 2011 at 10:36 am

Morning Mag,
    Can I say that Clinique Black Honey is MAC’s version of Black Knight?
    But of course, I think Black Knight looks a whole lot “scarier”..
    Have a wonderful weekend xx

3. Kas
    November 26, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I really should bust out my deeper lipstick shades; I’m such a CHICKEN *cluck cluck cluck* … make sure I wear one of them the next time I see you! :P

November 28, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Hi Jamilla,

I did mix it with another lippy! ;)

November 28, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Hey Joey,

That’s a nice comparison.

Black Knight is a scary colour but it is this that makes it wonderful, hehe!

November 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Kas dear,

I’m waiting~! *taps fingers*

7. Ella
    March 21, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Your skin looks so good with dark colours!! I find most asian skin tones look even more yellow with dark colours, but you pull it off well. Hmm….. maybe I could get this and cosplay as Dracula for halloween? Or maybe just mixing this with a red lipstick gives a seductive vampy look!!

March 22, 2012 at 12:45 am

Hi Ella,

Thank you! Unfortunately, this is no longer available. A good alternative is Urban Decay Confession, a very black berry. I love, love, love this! It pairs beautifully with so many pinks, reds and plums for varying shades of berry. More layers give you a darker hue. You have to try this!