March 14, 2012

Not long ago, my friend and beauty blogger Joey gave me a bottle of Bioderma’s popular micellar cleansing water, singing its praises as she did so. She loves it for makeup removal and enjoys its clean feel. “Like water,” she told me.

She also gave me Bioderma Dermatological Water, a facial mist for sensitive skin, similar to the thermal spring waters from Avène, Vichy and La Roche-Posay.

While I don’t often use the cleansing water to take off makeup on my face (I prefer cleansing oils as I use waterproof products), it is wonderful for most makeup swatches, effortlessly removing them from my skin. I also like it for cleaning my brushes in a pinch. ;)

I often use the cleansing water in tandem with the facial spray for cleaning my face in the morning when I’m in a hurry – I squeeze a suitable amount onto a cotton pad to clean off the remnants of whatever skincare I’d applied the night before and follow this with a spritz of the spray. I either pat dry with a sheet of tissue or clean it off with another cotton pad. This process not only minimises the appearance of my pores, it also refreshes my face and preps it for new skincare and makeup.

Special thanks to Joey for these skincare goodies that also save me precious time! :)

Posted in: bioderma | face | face mists | makeup removal | raok | skincare

10 Responses to A Gift! – Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution and Bioderma Sensibio Dermatological Water

1. Sam
    March 14, 2012 at 7:50 am

Like the sound of this one!

March 14, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Hi Sam,

They’re definitely worth a try, especially on hot and humid days.

2. March 14, 2012 at 11:39 am

Hi Mag,
    I am so happy the products are working for you =)
    Life doesn’t get any better than sharing great things with friends..
    xx

March 14, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Thank you again, Joey. I’m enjoying them a lot. :)

3. Michelle
    March 14, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I’m quite a fan of Avene’s Micellar cleansing water too. Hv gone through about 4-5 bottles. My makeup routine has toned down after I stooped flying so I use this for makeup removal followed by normal cleansing (currently using paula’s choice). only problem is having to buy cotton pads. I am def keen to try bioderma. Thanks for posting this, Mag.

March 14, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Hi Mich,

Thanks for letting me know that Avène has the micellar cleansing water too. I find it quite fascinating, this new development in European skincare. Then again, it does feel very similar to Bifesta/Mandom Cleansing Express. ;) You know, Watsons and Guardian now carry stitched/lint-free cotton pads. I need to remember to buy them!

4. LF
    March 15, 2012 at 3:15 pm

the cleansing water in sg is far too expensive, i always get my relatives to get it frm overseas where it is cheaper (almost cheaper than cleansing express’s)

March 16, 2012 at 12:03 am

Hi LF,

So I’ve heard! It’s really cheap in HK, apparently.

5. Bella
    June 5, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I’ve been wanting to try this product for sometime now and after reading your post, i’m even more keen to try it! But where can i get it at in Singapore?

June 6, 2012 at 1:16 am

Hi Bella,

I’ve seen Bioderma at Guardian Pharmacy. :)